"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 682
Red Sauce Spaghetti, All In

On Sundays, I often make "Kitchen Sink' Sauce for noodles..

all the "left over Meat" like pork chops, sausages, even Left over fried chicken..

Fry up some onion, bell pepper, garlick, and spieses, then add a bottle of tomato sauce, then add all the meat..

I often add Artichoke Hearts which are very nice...

This is actually quite good with side salad and Garlic Toaste...

over elbow macaronni..

Eric, Austin, Tx.

giggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Master Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,443
Sunday gravy will never be the same!
__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus and C. batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 682
c. bastia

comes up as an Up sidown Catfish, cool?

I'm a biochemist, this very nice

Eric, AAustin Tx.
giggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
Master Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggler View Post
comes up as an Up sidown Catfish, cool?

I'm a biochemist, this very nice

Eric, AAustin Tx.
Its Corallus Batesii, aka, Amazon Basin Emerald Tree Boa.
__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus and C. batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Both in Italy and Spain
Posts: 3,425
Craig,

My paternal Milanese Grandmom Margherite, is a bit curious Giggler by what do you actually mean by Kitchen Sink Italian Tomato Gravy ! Leftovers plus vegetables and garlic, onion, spices and tomato sauce ?

Have lovely August.
Margi.
Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Sous Chef
 
no mayonnaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 553
Greetings from SA!

Guess I'm not that adventurous with my pasta and tomato sauces, as the most that I usually add are some mushrooms or occasionally shellfish. I'll have to try the artichokes, never had them with tomato sauce before.
no mayonnaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Senior Cook
 
zfranca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SARZANA, La Spezia
Posts: 227
Send a message via Skype™ to zfranca
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggler View Post
On Sundays, I often make "Kitchen Sink' Sauce for noodles..

all the "left over Meat" like pork chops, sausages, even Left over fried chicken..

Fry up some onion, bell pepper, garlick, and spieses, then add a bottle of tomato sauce, then add all the meat..

I often add Artichoke Hearts which are very nice...

This is actually quite good with side salad and Garlic Toaste...

over elbow macaronni..

Eric, Austin, Tx.
What a wonderful way to recycle left-overs.
You just confirmed Luca's ( and mine as well) belief about the "soffritto".
A good soffritto (Sautéing of onions etc.) brings life back to anything.
__________________
We are all angels with one wing. Only together we can fly.
www.cookingwithfranca.blogspot.com
zfranca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
Master Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Craig,

My paternal Milanese Grandmom Margherite, is a bit curious Giggler by what do you actually mean by Kitchen Sink Italian Tomato Gravy ! Leftovers plus vegetables and garlic, onion, spices and tomato sauce ?

Have lovely August.
Margi.
I don't quite follow what you mean. What is your grandmother curious about? Sunday Gravy is a term used by many Italian-Americans for the red sauce served for Sunday dinner. The meats are cooked in the sauce (meatballs, sausage and what ever else. Just like some call riccota, Pot Cheese.
__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus and C. batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 21,539
marge, having been raised in an italian section of nyc, you surely must have heard of sunday gravy.
__________________
The past is gone it's all been said.
So here's to what the future brings,
I know tomorrow you'll find better things
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,114
Sounds lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggler View Post
On Sundays, I often make "Kitchen Sink' Sauce for noodles..

all the "left over Meat" like pork chops, sausages, even Left over fried chicken..

Fry up some onion, bell pepper, garlick, and spieses, then add a bottle of tomato sauce, then add all the meat..

I often add Artichoke Hearts which are very nice...

This is actually quite good with side salad and Garlic Toaste...

over elbow macaronni..

Eric, Austin, Tx.
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
Sous Chef
 
Luca Lazzari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nonantola, Modena
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by no mayonnaise View Post
Greetings from SA!

Guess I'm not that adventurous with my pasta and tomato sauces
...
But you NEED to be more adventurous with your tomato sauces!!! Just follow the inspiring giggler's concept, and start throwing ingredients in that pan full of red boiling fluid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfranca View Post
What a wonderful way to recycle left-overs.
You just confirmed Luca's ( and mine as well) belief about the "soffritto".
A good soffritto (Sautéing of onions etc.) brings life back to anything.
__________________
You eat what you are
Luca Lazzari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sauce, spaghetti

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.