Asparagus/Prosciutto/Mascarpone Lasagna Roll-Ups- Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
Saw this recipe for Individual lasagna roll-ups, & think it has possibilities for a dinner party dish -- but, wanted to make a few changes. Here are my ideas, & would appreciate feedback & input.

Williams-Sonoma | Recipe

I would like to use cooked lasagna noodles, one per serving. Next, would like to spread a ricotta/mascarpone/cheese mixture (about 2 tbls) onto each noodles, then place blanched asparagus spears (horizontally) across the noodle & roll up.

Rather than wrap the prosciutto around the outside of the roll-up (noodle) & bake, thinking of wrapping the prosciutto around the asparagus inside the roll-up, & baking with a white sauce (bechamel) - as I think baking w/o a sauce the noodle will be dry/rubbery. Or, I could ladle the sauce over the baked roll-ups. Any thoughts? TIA

Well first of all DROOL!! OK, back to the questions. I agree with putting the prosciutto on the inside around the asparagus and second, what about a bearnaise or hollandaise? I think a butter sauce rather than a bechamel would work well with the asparagus.

Thanks, Alix. Appreciate your input & understanding where i was going with the recipe. Somehow, a dry noodle, left me cold. Since I wont be adding the sauteed onion mixture, a sauce I have in mind is - Chive Cream sauce w Parmesan (from this chicken manicotti recipe).

Chicken Manicotti with Chive Cream Sauce Recipe

Sounds like a winner to me. When are you making these? I'll head out for your place asap!

Sounds like a winner to me. When are you making these? I'll head out for your place asap!

What time will you be here? I'll be the one holding a tray of lasagna at LAX. ;) Will you save me a slice of Upside-Down Apple Cake (with Vanilla Ice Cream)? :)

Looks good. I think the proscuitto is supposed to add a crispy texture to the dish. I guess I would make it......try to make it as the recipe is. Then modify it. Either way, thanks for posting it.

What time will you be here? I'll be the one holding a tray of lasagna at LAX. ;) Will you save me a slice of Upside-Down Apple Cake (with Vanilla Ice Cream)? :)

I'll bring it with me. (I'll get the ice cream there though, it doesn't travel well.);)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom