How do you serve polenta, or what do you serve it with ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh! Polenta is so very good!

You may cook it on low but to stir it well, and add any flavors or seasons to it to make it of your taste.

I have discovered here of many Americans who do not like this of plain, so here are what to do with this to make it nice!

You can add sausage. You must fry this breakfast sausages and drain of the grease. Mix into this of the polenta and cook down to your desired thicknesses. If you cook this to make it firm, it is so very good with a light fried egg over it, and set it aside for a moment.

You can add any ground of meats. Use the seasonings of your like, and stir it round. Polenta is a very good base for meats and eggs. And as of before, cook it to your desired firmness.

Polenta can also be used alone, yes? So if it is fried, as in cakes, or soft as in the American way there are good ways to use it.

Polenta cakes are rolls in which the coating is very flavorful and nice. Joyce makes her polenta cakes rolled in the herb ranch seasoning for fried chicken. She rolls these in the mix and fries these. You can use any types of fried chicken coatings I have seen here, yes?

Many of us in Eastern Europe loves the polenta as Americans like their grits, with butter, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese into its mix.

Polenta in its very plain form is also well if one were to put cooked Campbell's soups that have many beefs and vegetables over it, as is of rice or noodles.

I don't think I've ever had polenta. I did not like grits when I tried them down south. They were not gritty at all.

I'm going to guess you had instant grits. Was texture kind of like cream of wheat? Stone ground grits that take at least half an hour to cook, and an hour is better, still have texture after cooking and I guess you would call it gritty. :LOL:

I'm inspired, too. I've never made polenta before. I think a nice pork ragù over it would be fantastic (sorry, Larry ;)).

Im sure it would be fantastic ( as long as you didn't serve it to me fore dinner :LOL:)

I love all the ideas, definitely expands my use for polenta. Can't wait to get back into the kitchen and give it a go.

I'm going to guess you had instant grits. Was texture kind of like cream of wheat? Stone ground grits that take at least half an hour to cook, and an hour is better, still have texture after cooking and I guess you would call it gritty. :LOL:

Yes, like cream of wheat, only with less flavor and texture. Must have been instant. I was underwhelmed, and really couldn't understand why southerners were so enamored with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom