ISO Chinese Fried Noodles Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peeper76

Cook
Have any recipes for fried noodles? I am looking for the kind served in chinese resturants ( Americanized Chinese ). Me and my husband love them and I have tried serveral recipes and it is not what I am looking for. The noodles look skinny and kind of curly and are fried with peppers, onions and celery and are very flavorful. I know what noodles to use but just can't get that great taste. I am missing something. Can you help?

Last edited:
I think I am getting close to the recipe that most resembles what we get from the chinese take outs. Which is by frying the noodles in a sesame and canola oil adding a little chicken stock, soya and oyster sauce. Very good, but not exactly the same. Still missing something!

Peepr76 - I am posting the stir fry noodle recipe that I use at home. It is very basic, as you can see. I vary the ingredients depending on what is in the garden or the fridge at the time. I use just about any medium quality vegetable oil that is on special at the time and an oyster sauce from our local Chinese supermarket. I think that any Chinese Resturant will be purchasing in bulk from a nearby wholesale outlet. They also may have a special way of doing it or some special ingredient. I hope my recipe helps, but I suspect that the answer is hidden in your Chinese Resturant.

Be well

Xiaosui

Stir-fry noodle

Ingredients: two peices dry noodle (see photo), 1 small carrot, 0.3kg of meat( any meat you like), Some green vegetable (as much as you prefer), 4 dried mushroom( if you have)
Seasoning: 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of regular Soya sauce , 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
Preparation: put the dry noodles into very hot water (from the tap, not boiling) until they are soft - 3 or 4 minutes, take out from the water and drain. Chop the carrot into long sticks, chop the green vegetable the same size as the carrot stick, chop the meat into strips. If have mushrooms, put them into water at least 2 hours before you cook. To prepare, chop the mushrooms into strips as well)
Cooking: Heat the wok, put in a little oil, put in the meat and stir-fry briefly then put in the carrot, green vegetable, and mushroom. Stir-fry for 2/3 minuts. Take out and put on a plate. Put more oil in, put the noodle in, stir-fry for approx 8 minutes. Put in 1 or 2 tablespoons water, put in the Soya sauce in, stir-fry for 2 minutes, put in the oyster sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then replace all the other ingredient and stir-fry for around 2 minutes to mix the ingredients well. Ok, can eat, Hao Chi.

(sorry, I am technophobic and can't work out how to upload and image. It simply refers to an URL ??? - what url? the photo is in my computer)

Back
Top Bottom