Sushi Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Sushi cake w/ Flying fish row,shrimp,salmon, avacado, roasted eel...

39817-albums1064-picture8464.jpg
[/IMG]

s & p - your food art is positively awesome.

and in most cases toothsome as well.

I say in most cases because sushi is just not my thing! LOL but if it was I'd gobble that up in a flash!

That does look amazing! I wasn;t sure if I;d enjoy sushi, as I had tried sashini in L.A., and in Korea, and didn't care for it. Then, my youngest daughter took me to a really good sushi bat in Tacoma, Wa, where I tried several different rolls, of course with thin ginger slices, and wasabi. The combination of flavors, along with the little pop and flavor of the roe made me a sushi lover.

Your sushi-cake looks like it would be delicious. Did you build the cake in a SS biscuit cutter? Whatever you did, the results look very appetizing:yum:.

Seeeeya; Chief Lonwimf ot the Nirth

That does look amazing! I wasn;t sure if I;d enjoy sushi, as I had tried sashini in L.A., and in Korea, and didn't care for it. Then, my youngest daughter took me to a really good sushi bat in Tacoma, Wa, where I tried several different rolls, of course with thin ginger slices, and wasabi. The combination of flavors, along with the little pop and flavor of the roe made me a sushi lover.

Your sushi-cake looks like it would be delicious. Did you build the cake in a SS biscuit cutter? Whatever you did, the results look very appetizing:yum:.

Seeeeya; Chief Lonwimf ot the Nirth

I used a small 4" cake pan wrapped in Glad Rape.

Sushi, of course is an amalgamation of flavors that compliment each other, all wrapped, or assembled with sushi rice. I know many who avoid it as they can't stomach the thought of raw seafood. They won't even trust a california roll

S, I have an idea for those people, sushi made without nori, roe, or raw fish. I'm thinking ingredients such as Carpaccio, prosciutto, rare ir medium-rare lean, paper thin sliced standing rib, avocado, thin sliced cucumber, etc.

Any of you amazing cooks out there have ever made something like that? I think sauteed scallops, sliced thin would be great.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The few times I've made sushi is with nori, of course, and rice. As mentioned, anything else stuffed inside is up to the creator!

I use julienne carrots, cucumbers for starters and then whatever else I can think of. Shrimp is probably my favourite, haven't tried julienned ham (or Spam! LOL) - I like smoked salmon as well, that's about as close as I get to raw fish or ceviche.

Unfortunately, one of the most popular in 'California' style is avocado - to which I'm extremely sensitive.

I find Spring Rolls and Sushi seem to go hand-in-hand. One rolled in rice paper the other nori and rice!

Back
Top Bottom