REC - Bacon Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
I have not made this recipe for awhile, but was looking through my recipe files and thought that someone here at DC might like the recipe.

Bacon Pie

12 bacon slices, crisp cooked
1 cup Swiss cheese
1/3 chopped onion
2 cups milk
1 cup biscuit mix
4 eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon pepper

Spray or grease a 10-inch glass pie pan. In the bottom of pan layer crumbled bacon, cheese, and onion. Combine other ingredients and pour into pan. Bake at 400º for 35-40 minutes. Check center for doneness with toothpick. If using a 9-inch pie pan, reduce milk to 1 ½ cups, biscuit mix to ¾ cup, and eggs to three. Note: Extend baking time 10-15 minutes, if pie has been refrigerated.

step away from your computer when bang gets a hold of this recipe!!!!sc, this looks great. with so many types of bacon and cheeses available, there's a lot of wiggle room with this recipe.

Thanks Sierra, this looks great...Will try your recipe and make one with pancetta instead of reg. bacon, bet both will be gone in a flash...

Thanks again.
kadesma

buckytom said:
step away from your computer when bang gets a hold of this recipe!!!!sc, this looks great. with so many types of bacon and cheeses available, there's a lot of wiggle room with this recipe.

That is what I like about this recipe, it can be adjusted to fit one's tastes and moods.

Does it have to be a glass pie dish? I'd love to make this tonight with a tossed salad on the side and maybe some muffins. Yum.

Can the biscuit mix be sub'd with flour and biscuit making stuff?

I made this last night. It was very good; my husband loved it. We'll have the leftovers for lunch today. Thanks for the recipe. I used to make Impossible Cheeseburger Pie. This reminded me of that.

Back
Top Bottom