Are Sunbeam Mixmasters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
choclatechef,

click- whirr - bing - memory kicks in - lightbulb goes on :idea:

I just remembered back when I was a kid and our church was sending clothes somewhere overseas. If I remember things from 40 years ago correctly - there was little or no import tax on used clothes but a big tax on new clothes. So, we took the new clothes, washed/dried/folded them unironed, and thus they became "used".

Maybe importing a "used" mixer would also be cheaper? Would be worth someone checking out the import laws.

I've just looked at the English Customs and Excise page and have no idea what the import duty would be on a kitchenaid mixer. The duty varies from 0% to 75% depending on the item. A still camera attracts 0% a camcorder 14.5% as does a television....but a sofa attracts 0%....clear as mud.

No difference on second hand goods, although your starting price is lower, so if there is duty attatched it would be at a lower amount. I shall investigate further!

Michael in FtW and kyles, I think the prob is greedy retailers, or their suppliers not so much the import taxes.

I was looking into it from the point of view of buying one on ebay. You can pick them up for around $100 US which is less than £75 in my money. Ours retail at £300. I just don't want to buy one and get a nasty letter from the post office to tell me to pick it up but I have to pay a fortune for it.

I'll have a think about it, I would like to have one before Christmas, all that stirring etc!!! Perhaps there will be a decent second hand Kenwood in my market travels tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom