I'm so ashamed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mom would cube and boil turnip with the cubed potatoes and then mash them together. I loved the blend!!

I'm still a noob and trying to find my way around here... I assume there is a pasty recipe somewhere in this lovely community but if someone could link one for me it would be much appreciated. I LOVE pasties but we're from Iowa so the only way to get one is to make it yourself. I could easily Google one, I know, but I would like a trusted recipe from a real yooper if possible :)

I'm still a noob and trying to find my way around here... I assume there is a pasty recipe somewhere in this lovely community but if someone could link one for me it would be much appreciated. I LOVE pasties but we're from Iowa so the only way to get one is to make it yourself. I could easily Google one, I know, but I would like a trusted recipe from a real yooper if possible :)

Post #4 in this thread has a pastie dough recipe: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/yeast-dough-66761.html and directions on forming them.

I bet Goodweed has Pastie filling recipes.

Pastie filling is a simple it's diced round steak, diced potatoes. diced white or yellow onions and if you like them diced rutabeges put the filling on a round of pillsbury pie crust fold in half make it into a half moon and bake till golden, you can brush with egg wash and it's great. Carrots can be used instead of rutabega if you want.
you can do this it's easy
kadesma

GW don't feel bad about the rutabeggies. I use carrots all of the time and in addition to that travesty of culinary justice I also put gravy on my pasties. I'm just a rebel I guess.

Back
Top Bottom