Clean keyboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, be advised, Windows usually has an On-Screen keyboard under ....

Also be advised, while that map matches this board (a factory Dell unit) it doesn't map exactly ALL keyboards. YMMV, check before dismantling. I have had a couple of ergo units that were slightly different.

We had a flood in our apartment two months ago and just got most of our electronics back a couple of weeks ago. They completely cleaned my wireless keyboard inside and out as the water had gotten inside as well.

Needless to say - before I moved, I had two cats.. and I ate alot at my computer...

Lots of cat hair and lots of food - sticky and dry.

Barbara - your keys do pop off yes, but be VERY careful.. make sure it's off, and unplugged, but also on laptops they are usually more delicate. Try getting something like a fondue fork and prying one side of the key off, then the other should pop off no problem.

I once broke my backspace key trying to clean my old laptop.. eugh.

Laptop keys can break easily, make sure you have a manual from the manufacturer telling you exactly how they come off, because each manufacture for the most part is different. This is why I use the canned air so much, minimizes the number of times I will pop the keys off to clean them in the life of the computer...

Hey..thats cool that the keyboard can be pulled up on the computer..If only I knew how to use all that stuff. Maybe someday I'll take a class.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom