Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well here's to a speedy recovery LP! So glad everything went OK. I wish my dragonettes were big enough to help with the move.

As speedy a recovery as I wish you, still take the time that you and your body need to do a proper recovery. Happy happy for you! :clap: :bounce: :clap:

Thank you! Your dragonettes have been a big help! They may not be big enough to help with the move but they circle around me and make sure I don't do something I shouldn't! My hubby, TB, appreciates that! :)

Thank you, everyone, for your well-wishes.

The surgery itself went very well, though I was 2 hours late. The surgeon had a very long emergency but was not going to cancel me again so it was worth the wait. I did have to stay overnight because my oxygen sats were low and my heart rate high. I never made it out of recovery, though it is now called the post-anesthetic care unit (PACU) and is designed to be able to keep people there for 24 - 48 hours if needed. I had the best treatment ever in a hospital. They took my chronic conditions seriously and were not letting me go until I was ready.

Recovery will take a while, especially since I have to monitor oxygen and pulse and rest accordingly. But I got most of what I wanted to personally pack done before hand and we have arranged for friends to come in and do the rest. I have a surgical "girdle" on for 2 months which restricts bending and lifting. A good reminder!

I will post as I feel up to it. I am practically living in my recliner right now and TB hasn't set up my laptop there so I am at my computer which is less comfortable.

OOHHH!!!
This is wonderful news Lydia!
Now, park yourself in that recliner and stay put!
DH had 2 ACL surgeries and that was the best place for him too

Great news LP, while you are resting remember to go for short walks. The old adage of "Use it or lose it" is true.

Great news LP, while you are resting remember to go for short walks. The old adage of "Use it or lose it" is true.

Thanks, Princess. Yes, I am walking out to get the mail and even took Violet out to the back grass for a run. Plus we have a little "circuit" with our galley kitchen and the hallway beside it. I do a couple of laps around that am nicely tired out and limber! :)

Thanks, Princess. Yes, I am walking out to get the mail and even took Violet out to the back grass for a run. Plus we have a little "circuit" with our galley kitchen and the hallway beside it. I do a couple of laps around that am nicely tired out and limber! :)

Glad to learn you are doing well!!

Anybody have any idea on where tenspeed went? I don't remember him saying he was going off on vacation, but he hasn't been around for a couple of weeks. Is there any chance he was sucked up into his pasta machine? :ohmy: Sure hope everything is OK...

Just returned from 2 weeks in Alaska - 1 week on land, 1 week on a cruise. I knew it rained a lot in Alaska, but didn't realize just how much until we were there. Fortunately we had great weather, at least by Alaska standards. One morning with a little rain, some cloudy days, but nothing problematic. I understand that some get rained out the entire vacation. We're in the 10% club, meaning we're part of the 10% of the visitors that get to see all of Mt. Denali on a clear day.

I learned about the 5 different species of Pacific salmon, none of which are commonly available here. I'll have to check out some of the pricey seafood stores and see what I can find.

I really liked the crab, but they are a lot of work to eat. Much more so than lobster, especially when they don't supply the small seafood forks needed to get the meat out of the legs.

Sounds like a good vacation, tenspeed... Welcome home.. :)

Jeannie would like an Alaska vacation while I'm more of a sunny vacation person...

Ross

Glad you enjoyed your trip tenspeed. We did a trip like that a few years ago and felt the same.
We're in the 10% club, meaning we're part of the 10% of the visitors that get to see all of Mt. Denali on a clear day.
That for us was also a "take your breath away moment!"

Tomorrow morning is the long awaited surgery. Hoping to be home no later than Friday...hopefully sooner.

No tap dancing or ballet on point until the doctors tell you.

Best wishes and prayers are on the way for a speedy recovery.

Tomorrow morning is the long awaited surgery. Hoping to be home no later than Friday...hopefully sooner.

Best wishes and good thoughts going your way.

Shrek's surgery has been moved up to tomorrow. I'll be back by Wednesday.

Tenspeed, the salmon we get here on the east coast is Atlantic salmon. I hope you got a chance to eat some Alaska salmon. There is a big difference in taste. You can almost taste the wildness in the Pacific salmon. There is a lot more fat in the Pacific salmon.

Glad you had a good trip. The Northwest, of which the lower parts of Alaska qualify for that label, is known for all the rain that falls in that region. The Olympic National Park in Washington State is more like the forests in South America. Constantly damp and raining. It is the only tropical forest this country has.

Good luck and quick healing, Rparrny. When do you make your debut with the Rockettes?

...There is a lot more fat in the Pacific salmon...
It's the farmed Atlantic salmon that has more fat, Addie, although it has a bit higher amount of Omega-3 fatty acids. Maybe that's the fat you're thinking of. Atlantic salmon is farmed only. The wild Pacific salmon has less fat - just like people who work out! You can tell I'm living nearer the east coast. ;) :LOL:

Seafood Health Facts: Salmon

Back
Top Bottom