How bad if eaten left over dishwashing detergent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
Today I clean the kitchen table surface with common dishwashing detergent
but I am sure I didn't not dilute the surface very well and went away.
After some hours my family members came back with some food ingredients
and prepared some food and and soup

The wet surface might have evaporated a little bit or else they wouldn't have put any food onto it, but they may also think it's only water and put some food
onto it. The worst thing I find about detergent is that its white look could
disappear over time and could just look like clear water.

Could those detergent left already contaminate the food?
They made boiled soup with some meat and vegetables, if the meat and vegetables were contaminated with some detergent and they were boiled with
water for 1 or 2 hours, could the detergent chemical be boiled away from the soup?

In case of bad luck, we drunk some detergent, probably diluted, could those detergent go away from our body or just , stay forever?

Bile will break it down in the stomach and it will go through the rest of your digestive system. Whatever can't be absorbed will be eliminated. It won't change your bowel habit because it won't be detergent by the time it gets to the small intestine.

When we were kids in Boy Scouts, one trick to give someone the runs was to leave detergent in the pots after washing them up when you were given KP duty. The next person who got cooking duty was blamed for making others sick the next day.

When we were kids in Boy Scouts, one trick to give someone the runs was to leave detergent in the pots after washing them up when you were given KP duty. The next person who got cooking duty was blamed for making others sick the next day.
The dose makes the poison. Doubtful that the small amount of detergent, from the OP's description, diluted in soup and then ingested, will cause problems.

Last edited:
Many years ago I was at a stag party of a hockey buddy, where they tied the groom up and covered him in all kinds of things..they were pouring booze down this guys' throat and at some point somebody squirted a bunch of dish soap from the rented hall kitchen in his mouth..I guess he swallowed a bunch of it..anyway, he said he peed and poo'd bubbles for a couple of days..lol..ahh, redneck parties always rule...

Last edited:
The dose makes the poison. Doubtful that the small amount of detergent, from the OP's description, diluted in soup and then ingested, will cause problems.

Was "the OP" kenny1999 in the Boy Scouts in 1978?

Last edited:
Was "the OP" kenny1999 in the Boy Scouts in 1978?

Why yes he was HOW DARE you even ask! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
I belly laughed, I'll even admit to having a belly to laugh with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom