Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am just starting to read Michael Hardwick's "The Revenge Of The Hound". It says on the back cover that it is an energetic, atmospheric semi-sequel to "The Hound Of The Baskervilles".

"A Hope and a Future," by Katrina A. Wampler. Katrina has been my friend Christi's friend for years. I have met her a couple times, and she is a friend of mine on Facebook--she is a real sweetie. This was her first novel, and so far it is good.

:)Barbara

I just finished reading Wicked and I immediately started reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

Now that I am done with Wicked I want to re-watch The Wizard Of Oz. I will see it in a whole new light this time around.

Last edited:
I just finished reading Wicked and I immediately started reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

Now that I am done with Wicked I want to re-watch The Wizard Of Oz. I will see it in a whole new light this time around.
Yes you will! I said the same thing after we saw the show on Broadway. It will change how you see it, but I don't think it will mess it up. I loved the exchange between Elphaba and Dorothy at the end of Wicked (the book--they didn't talk to each other in the show).

:)Barbara

I picked up Dan Brown's latest at the library, along with 4 other books, and then realized I'm going out of town in a week for two weeks. Even I, an insomniac who spends my extra hours reading (well, and doing laundry) can't read all these books in one week, and I know the blockbuster will be in high demand (I pretty much caught it as it arrived at our library) cannot absorb this in a day or two. Oh, deary me, what shall I do.

Now I'm finishing up a book of Nero Wolf mysteries. To my ladies I'm reading Hotel Pastis.

I picked up two paperbacks at Wal-Mart of mysteries I hope I haven't read. I don't much like to buy books there because, well, I'm not much into inspirational, religion-oriented books and romances, which seems to be par for the course at ours. But I picked up a Kellerman and a Cornwell that I don't think I've read before for on the road reading.

I picked up Dan Brown's latest at the library
That is what I just finished reading. In typical Dan Brown fashion it is a quick read that is hard to put down, but of all his books I thought this was the worst. I did enjoy it though.

I remember that book. I love old-fashioned murder mysteries, and Sister O'Marie's I loved. I wonder if she's still alive and writing?

Good Omens

I will have to check that out. Thanks for the recommendation.

I highly recommend "Good Omens," in fact I recommend it so much that I buy up all the used copies I can find so I can hand them out to folks. To date I've handed out 23 copies and only received two of them back as I misread a couple of people's book likes/dislikes. Most all have kept them or passed them on to others to enjoy.

And if you e-mail Terry Pratchett he'll answer you back, a very nice man.

This Koontz seems to be so popular. How were books Frankenstein 1 and 2? Were they worth reading? Just figure so many people waiting for this guy's books.

I didn't "discover" the new Koontz until #3 was released...I was lucky enough to be able to scoop up #'s 1&2 at the same time. I loved them and they are the first Koontz DH has read since "Watchers."

What I am reading at this time is "Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth," the last in the Nightside series by Simon R. Green. Then it's back to The Time Wars novels by Simon Hawke. I'm whiling away the time until I find a new author to come up with something good or a favorite author releases a new one.

As a matter of fact, Terry Pratchett has a new Discworld book coming out called "Unseen Academicals," it's about football and the team at the Unseen University for those of you who are Discworld fans. Also waiting for the new Rachel Caine book...the title escapes me but it should be soon.

Just finished the lost symbol - Dan Brown.

Just started After dark - Haruki Murakami

Always reading my recipe books, even though I often end up online for a particular recipe

Back
Top Bottom