Old Spice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Okay ladies, here is a question for you. Do you let your husband wear Old Spice? LOL--I know that sounds weird, but here is my situation, and I have talked to other women who have the same problem. My dad has worn Old Spice for years, and I have always loved it (still do). When James and I got married a few years ago someone gave him some Old Spice for Christmas. As soon as he put it on the first time I knew that he could never wear it again. Couldn't get romantic with my husband reminding me of my dad! :ROFLMAO: I think Old Spice probably has to skip generations!

So ladies (and gentlemen) is there a scent that you cannot stand for your spouse or significant other wear?

:) Barbara

I made him throw out the Old Spice about 13 years ago. He's pretty sensible when it comes to colognes - he has worn Escape ever since I got him that (at the same time I nixed the Old Spice) lol

I can't think of a scent I wouldn't want him to wear - I certainly don't like the scent of Scotch and only on rare occasions has he actually "worn" it :LOL:

Barbara - You are correct!!!!! Dad and Hubby are NOT permitted to smell the same!!!!!!!

Mine is not allowed to wear anything!!! Ick. It all gives me major headaches. I don't wear anything either. ( ok, clothes are allowed.!)

darn, pdswife, you had to put in that qualifier. i was gonna comment "no wonder paul loves you so much, runnin' around nekkid with the chickens all day." :)

i'm not sure about a few scents, i think one is from chanel, but as soon as i smell them it reminds me of a specific old girlfriend. eek! :( i could identify it from a mile away.
i guess it would bother me if dw wore it, altho there is truth to the thing about how a perfume is different on every woman.

as far as old spice goes, my dad bathed in it every morning. when he kissed you goodbye on his way off to work, you stank like it for hours, practically tasting it. yuk.

Barbara L said:
Okay ladies, here is a question for you. Do you let your husband wear Old Spice? LOL--I know that sounds weird, but here is my situation, and I have talked to other women who have the same problem. My dad has worn Old Spice for years, and I have always loved it (still do). When James and I got married a few years ago someone gave him some Old Spice for Christmas. As soon as he put it on the first time I knew that he could never wear it again. Couldn't get romantic with my husband reminding me of my dad! :ROFLMAO: I think Old Spice probably has to skip generations!

So ladies (and gentlemen) is there a scent that you cannot stand for your spouse or significant other wear?

:) Barbara
This made me crack up...My father has worn OLD SPICE forever - I always picture watching my dad getting ready to go out - He still at the age of 70 plus still only wears it!!!!!!

LOL! Yes scent is a wonderful thing.........its what attracts us to our partners. However, when that scent brings in daddy in the picture.........time for a new cologne :LOL: .

I know a guy I used to date (many moons ago)........he started dating another girl. Well she was kicked out of her house and lo and behold.....I still don't know why.....she drifted to my house. I leant her a shirt and she went to this old boyfriend of mines house and he immediately knew where she'd been....:LOL: .

tatt, i guess you've never had a subscription to birdtalk or catfancy magazines.

you'll smell like 10w40 when the consumer reports auto issues comes out.

when is s.i.'s swimsuit issue? :)

SizzlininIN said:
LOL! Yes scent is a wonderful thing.........its what attracts us to our partners. However, when that scent brings in daddy in the picture.........time for a new cologne :LOL: .

I know a guy I used to date (many moons ago)........he started dating another girl. Well she was kicked out of her house and lo and behold.....I still don't know why.....she drifted to my house. I leant her a shirt and she went to this old boyfriend of mines house and he immediately knew where she'd been....:LOL: .
OK - Now I need to know the whole story - lol - can't get away that easy!!!:rolleyes:

I am not married but my Dad used to wear Old Spice. Today there are so many wonderful scents for a man and Old Spice is not one of them.

Reanie525i said:
OK - Now I need to know the whole story - lol - can't get away that easy!!!:rolleyes:

Lets just say my scent killed the mood...............:LOL: .....it reminded him of me and what he lost by being such an xxx. Come to think of it I never did get that shirt back......oh well.....worth every thread. :LOL:

My Grandpa always wore Old Spice and it smelled so good on him!!!! My Hubby has tried to wear it but his body chemical make-up is so different that it did not smell anywhere near the same. It was not just a one time try; it just does not work on my hubby!! One thing I have noticed about my hubby is that the older he has gotten that any cologne/after shave he wears, comes out smelling so strong that I cannot stand to be around him. I am talking way too strong and the poor guy is using less of the stuff!! When he is home, he uses just plain witch hazel ( ladies, this works great on your legs if you get razor burn too!) and even that smells strong to me at times. Maybe it is just me but I always thought that our sense of smell got lesser with age.

My Dad liked Old Spice too, and my brother now wears it. My partner doesn't use aftershave or colognes and I don't wear perfume either as it just makes me cough and wheeze nowadays. But Brut is what teenaged boys used to wear in my younger days. Just the name of it brings back the almighty reek when you'd get two or more lads together or, if you were really unlucky, one who thought that half a bottle would be better than a splash. Nowadays, the ads in Spain are all for something that seems to be called Lynx. Just as well we have environmentally friendly propellants given the amount they spray on!

OMG Barbara, we really are sisters. Ken and I have had this running debate since "the girls" gave him Old Spice for Christmas one year. It weirds me out badly when he wears it. Must show him this thread!

Alix said:
OMG Barbara, we really are sisters. Ken and I have had this running debate since "the girls" gave him Old Spice for Christmas one year. It weirds me out badly when he wears it. Must show him this thread!

First of all, I CANNOT believe this many people have the same issue with Old Spice!:LOL:
Frankly, I don't really like the way it smells all that much...but hey, a dad's gotta use what his girls give him right? I only wear it the odd weekend when I know I'm not going out anywhere.:) (But mostly just to get a rise out of Alix.:mrgreen:

Ken said:
First of all, I CANNOT believe this many people have the same issue with Old Spice!:LOL:
Frankly, I don't really like the way it smells all that much...but hey, a dad's gotta use what his girls give him right? I only wear it the odd weekend when I know I'm not going out anywhere.:) (But mostly just to get a rise out of Alix.:mrgreen:

I KNEW IT!! Well as long as all you want is to bug me, wear it all you like...if you can FIND it!

Back
Top Bottom