Outlook Express issue...HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, OE said it was going to compact stuff to free up disk space. I said OK and NOW three really crucial folders are missing from my Inbox. I'm slightly freaked and would really appreciate help in locating these. I have no clue where to find these. HELP!!!

Yes but it doesn't seem to search in my email folders. Is there a way to do that? I'm up for anything.

if you can wait till tommorrow, i've a pro's advice. he was too sleepy to explain before tomorrow. after 11:00 so.....

First, did you delete the folders from within Outlook Express or from within Windows?

Second, did you already empty your Recycle bin?

-Brad

I think she got knocked off the internet. From what I understand one or two folders just weren't there anymore in her Outlook program. They were just "gone".

I don't think she'll be back on tonight.

kitchenelf said:
I'm pretty sure they just "disappeared". She didn't delete anything. She'll be here shortly to clarify.

I think you're right. It would appear as though I mis-read things. A better question would be, what version of Outlook Express are you using?

-Brad

I can't help you there - that question may very well not be answered until tomorrow - THANK you for your help though and I'm sure she would appreciate any help you can give her. She's not doing well right now :mad:

candlebc, I am using OE 6, and the subfolders I'd created in my Inbox to sort crucial messages disappeared after I agreed to let OE compress stuff to free up disk space. My recycle bin is empty, I checked there with hope in my heart but nothing!

I'm slightly calmer this morning, but I have to supervise a field trip for my daughter and may not be on much til this afternoon so ANY help is gratefully received.

(kitchenelf, that was Madeleine's fault last night...she was goofing around and hit reboot by accident. I didn't want to stick around for that and knew you would understand. :rolleyes: )

No I definitely did NOT have 2000 messages in any of them. Thanks for the links, I'll go take a look at those right now.

Sounds to me like your email's have been archived. Outlook offers a feature to store your old emails directly on to your hard drive rather than your email client.

If you search your hard drive, you shouldn't be able to find them. Your archived emails are saved as a .pst file in your documents and settings folder.

You can find the file by opening your email client and selecting the "tools" menu, then the "other" tab, then the "auto archive" button. Around the middle of the page you should find a directory there. This is where your archived emails are.

Check the help section in Outlook to find out how to restore archived emails.

I hope this helps.

There is nothing in my tools folder called "other". I've got Send Receive, Message rules, Synchronize, Accounts, Options and Address book stuff. Any of those help me out?

Back
Top Bottom