Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PA Baker said:
I thought of you this AM when I heard there was a winter storm warning out west, Luvs! We're just getting heavy rain here all day but the mountains north of us are supposed to be getting some and my family that lives out towards you is supposed to get 3-6".

Enjoy it for me, too!

thanks for thinking of me, PA! if we get anymore snow, i'll probably think of you.:)

Piccolina said:
Tancowgirl have you had any chinooks so far this year?

Chinooked last night....still 5.8 above here. The past couple of weeks its been anywhere from -1 to -10....now its nice again!!! I love Indian Summers!

Here in Germany we have a real snow chaos....

in the western parts of Germany (rhinearea, Münsterland) it started snowing on Thursday evening and in some parts hasn`t stopped yet...
some areas are out of power, wet snow and a strong wind broke down high-voltage lines, some motorways are closed because these lines are lying on it, trains can´t run, trees have fallen on the railtracks....

but here in hannover not a single snowflake came down....

Wow Cara, that first picture is a little scary! Where I live we don't get snow very often. A light snow every 5 years or so, for the most part. We did have a pretty good snow in 2000.

:) Barbara

:angry: so, i'm not getting any snow now that i'm a city person. anyone want to lend me snow?:-p

heya luvs, hows it goin'? hope all's well.

we got as few inches yesterday, with a few more expected tomorrow. normally, i love snow. everything about it. making snowmen and snowwomen (do you know how to tell the difference? :) ), igloos and snow forts, snowball fights, skiing and snowshoeing. i even like shovelling it, snow i mean :rolleyes: , but with a fractured and a few sprained ribs, it was a little tougher than usual this time.
on the upside, i'm looking forward to going out shopping this week to get my boy his first sled. i've saved up a couple of old candles to wax the runners.

buckytom said:
i even like shovelling it, snow i mean :rolleyes: , but with a fractured and a few sprained ribs, it was a little tougher than usual this time.

Welcome to the club!! :neutral:

Cracked ribs can really hurt, can't they??

I used the snowblower, shovelling wasn't happening with the ribs and hand.

John

It may be 26 but I don't think we are going to get any because rain always avoids our house!

Cameron

cartwheelmac said:
It may be 26 but I don't think we are going to get any because rain always avoids our house!

Cameron

Well, since I don't live down around DFW anymore, and as such have no plans to be driving to or from the metroplex, there probably won't be the nasty snow and ice storms that always seemed to hit the area when I need to be driving...

:mad:

At least up here it's expected, and dealt with accordingly...

John

buckytom said:
heya luvs, hows it goin'? hope all's well.

we got as few inches yesterday, with a few more expected tomorrow. normally, i love snow. everything about it. making snowmen and snowwomen (do you know how to tell the difference? :) ), igloos and snow forts, snowball fights, skiing and snowshoeing. i even like shovelling it, snow i mean :rolleyes: , but with a fractured and a few sprained ribs, it was a little tougher than usual this time.
on the upside, i'm looking forward to going out shopping this week to get my boy his first sled. i've saved up a couple of old candles to wax the runners.

Bucky... I didn't know that you'd hurt yourself!
OUCH!!! Take care.

Smiles, Trish:)

thanks everyone.

ronjohn, man does it hurt, especially when i cough or sneeze. i'd never cracked a rib before.

i think i'll blow out my intestines if i try to hold another sneeze in...

buckytom said:
thanks everyone.

ronjohn, man does it hurt, especially when i cough or sneeze. i'd never cracked a rib before.

i think i'll blow out my intestines if i try to hold another sneeze in...

Just wait, the best is yet to come!! :wacko:

In a few weeks, they won't nearly be healed enough, but they'll be at the stage where you'll kind of forget about it, and then do somthing like grabbing the floor jack to change a tire, and.... :doh:

Hope you feel better soon - and don't do what I did to take your mind off of your ribs - stitches in your finger aren't any better!!

John

pain is my friend, pain is my friend....

it's only a hairline fracture, so the doc said there was nothing to do but let it heal. he offered a prescription for pain killers and anti-inflammants, but i don't like taking pills. so he said to keep hot compresses on it, and take advil.

so i went home, put a cat on my ribs, and had a few duffs. doc hibbert's orders. (hmo - the hibbert moneymaking organization :) )

OW! How did you crack your ribs? BTW, cat and Duff sounds like an "excellent" prescription. May I also recommend a shot of brandy in the evening? Works wonders for a wrecked back, so I think it would help the ribs. Oh, and try bracing yourself when you sneeze or cough. Press a pillow over the cracked ribs or even just your hand and lightly apply pressure. Thats what they tell you to do with an abdominal incision when you sneeze. Works pretty well, I didn't lose any internal organs anyway. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom