Someone You Love is Coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrazyCatLady

Sous Chef
Cat will be here Thursday. She's coming with Rina to take care of the storage stuff.

It's going to be another full house; Cat and her Mom will have our bedroom and we'll be on the sleeper sofa, our neighbor is in the guest room...

And luckily that foul-beaked buzzard hasn't said anything. If that monster cranks up in front of Cat, she knows enough Romanian curses to put one into the ninth depth of hell. After all, she's a sailor.

I just got a text from her, and I told her all bets were off. I'm ratting on her. I told her I would tell you all...so be prepared.

She and Carl and the little one have been sticking close to Rina after Nicu's passing. It may be a little tough on them to be here again. I'm not sure what to expect but we'll make it as happy as we can.

I spent today pulling out the dishes Cat gave us, temporarily replacing ours, and got the Irish linen ironed for the bed. We only use those for special guests.

In her culture, it's rude to ask how long they are staying, so I don't know. We're preparing....and she will be with you all again.

Yay! I love this lady. And her Mom. YAY!!

You have no idea how I needed to hear our Cat will be among us again. Sure do miss her and can't wait to have her back...if only temporarily.

P.S. If Peckerhead shows out, it would be priceless to see a video of Cat putting him in his place. THAT would be nothing short of award-winning!!!!

I agree with everyone.......we need a CatPat fix, and it will be great fun when she gets here.

I have to say it again though CCL you and your husband are remarkable people, yes, remarkable people to give up your beds to others as often as you do. Sleeping on the sleeper sofa with one guest in the guest room, and two in our room doesn't sound like fun to me. I'm humbled by you both.

Okay folks....here she is. She'll get my best and newest laptop.

I'm turning it over to her. I spent half the night making a folder for her with cute pics and jokes and all that junk.

Now I'm going to go fire up my old Vista beast and hope it doesn't implode.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer's kittyCat!

Thank you so very much for of this, Joyce! HELLO MY DEAR FRIENDS!

I am so very glad to see all of you here! Mamma and I are always enjoying the hospitality and the kindness of this home and we shall be cooking and laughing together once again!

It has been such a difficult time ot it since my Uncle Nicu went to be with God. But it is with family and friends who become of family which helps us in these times of sadness. Joyce said something of this, "No one is gone as long as we remember them." She is very wise!

Anna and Carl are well, everyone home is well also! Anna is walking very well and is developing as a very normal child. She learns so very fast of everything! Carl is taking more of the money burdens from Papa and his businesses. Aunty is experiencing the dimming of her mind sometimes, but she is well. Laki, Belle, and Gloria are all well. I now call Gloria Mom and she and my parents are the happiest of grandparents that you could ever see! We must fight about our parental time with Anna, yes?

My Gizzi sends his gratefulness to all of you for the cookbook which is such a very popular item of Catina II! The crewmen brought up their papers and pens to copy of the recipes to take to their own wifes and families. It was so very exciting to see! I am still the only one he allows to his beloved kingdom, but he did allow of Carl sometimes also!

Laki hates boats. We understand she is much better behaving on land. She does much of the gardening of our properties and has a strong hand of the earth. A man who has of a landscaping company in Constanta is alone and it seems as of they have a very close friendship beginning. He is of African-Polish descent, and he comes of a good family. My parents like him so very much, and this relations is being very nicely encouraged!

I worry of our daughter. The children grow so very fast! I spoke to Mamma of this upon the long plane flights to here. She said this happens of all children and was why she cried of our wedding for I had grown quickly. We spoke again of this at our dinner this evening, and Joyce said, "Wait until she turns 30!" Mamma put her hand to her heart and said, "Oh no!" Ha! Oh they grow so fast!

We're very happy to be here again. We spoke of this, and our lovely hosts have asked us to visit as much as we see is possible. I shall be coming back again and yet again, perhaps with Carl and Anna, or Mamma, or perhaps all of us once a year, I promised. They don't care to take to the living room folding bed and give us their best beds.

Their neighbor's house was damaged of a gas explosion, and Joyce showed me of the parrot. If the parrot becomes unruly of me, he will receive very many words he has never heard of! But we have always loved Arlene. We are happy she is here also!

I saw of all the responses here. Yes, it is rude to ask how long one is to stay, but not in America. Justin told us this, "I don't give a damn how long you all stay. It's never long enough anyway, and we miss you." That is all to be said, yes? These are such good friends.

I meant to come upon here yesterday but the flights were so very long and Mamma and I were so very tired. They had much food and comforts for us and we are grateful.

We will be staying for several weeks now. All of you will be so very ill of me before we go home! I miss Carl and Anna, but having of the alone time with Mamma here is so very nice!

Oh! I nearly forgot of this! Belle is taking art lessons and makes lovely paintings of the skies and mountains! Gloria has turned her hands of pottery lessons also. She has made of lovely vases! In winters, Carl becomes making his lovely birdhouses and Laki sells them for him on the street market of Brasov for him while we are at sea. It is I believe, what Americans call a cottage industry, yes?

Oh! I have spoken too much again! I am so happy to see all of you here, my dear friends! I must go look at all the new recipes and I must regain of all the news here!

I love you all! I shall speak with you very soon!

With very much, much love,
~Cat

I so love to see your words and get the news of your family.

Our house is finally ours, much to redo, but we are settling in nicely. Today we are going to go buy paint for the dining room.

Love you so much.
Your Ogress

Thanks so much Cat for your very newsy letter of back home. It's a very different life for your extended American family, who have always lived here, but it sounds like they are well and happy too. Do you have any pictures of Carl's beautiful bird houses? I know we'd love to see them.

So good to see you here, Cat. Thanks for the wonderful update. I hope you will be sticking around for awhile. We need our Cat fix! :heart:

Welcome back to America, Cat and Mamacat! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with Joyce and Justin. I enjoyed reading your update. :flowers: Have fun and stay in touch!

Wonderful to "see" you back at home, Cat. As you might guess and see from all the comments, you have been greatly missed.

I loved reading all about what you and your family have been doing and it sounds like you are happy and fulfilled.

Anna will grow and blossom like a beautiful flower under her family's nurturing. The only disappointing thing is that it will happen too quickly. I still find it hard to comprehend that my "baby" is 42 with a family of his own.

Take lots of pictures and write down things Anna says that touch you. Don't rely on your memory, there will be too many.

Have fun. It's an awesome ride!

Oh Cat, to hear from you does this old sick heart of mine so much good. You have had such a positive effect on this forum. I can't think of one member that doesn't have a soft spot in their heart for you, Mama, Carl, Anna, Papa and all the rest. Oh I mustn't forget Carl's mother either. Your joys are our joys, and your pain is our also. We all love you so much. :angel:

Oh my friends! My dear, dear friends!

I am so very happy to be here once again! I have missed you all so very much!

I must tell of this, I did a bad thing, a very bad thing today.

Joyce gave me of her car to use once again as she did for me when we arrived here last year. I put her off to work and when I drove onto the driveway I went too fast and there was some ice in front of the garage door. I tried to stop but I drove through the door.

I am so very, very ashamed. This is such a terrible thing to do. Her car is damaged and the garage door is completely ruined. Of course I shall pay for all the damage I have done, but it does not make this correct.

I didn't know what to do, so I called Justin of his work. I was crying and he said for not for me to cry, that Joyce loved me and I wasn't hurt and all those nice things one says to make me feel a bit better. He said to go forward as normal, and that he would bring in Joyce from work and we would speak of this.

She came in the door and I was so upset and shamed I was shaking. Joyce just smiled and said, "Cars and garage doors can be fixed. Sometimes people can't, Cat," and she hugged me and said she loved me and it will be all just fine.

Why does this make me feel all worse? She said for me to keep of using her car. Then Arlene said I could even use of her car also! They keep saying of accidents that happen.

I cried again when I went of the garage to attend of the litter boxes and saw the boards of the door Justin had nailed there to hold it of place. Joyce came out to get some meat of the freezer and kissed me on my cheek and told me this is nothing.

This is everything of to me! She does not understand. She said, "Go tell our friends in DC how you feel. It may make you feel better, and they will be on my side."

So here I am. I feel so very ashamed. Mamma says I must believe Justin and Joyce. What do I do? I shall pay for the repairs of everything, I promise I shall.

I know all you are very disappointed of me, but she said tell you.

I am so angry of myself for this carelessness and of this disrespect of her home and car.

Beside of to pay, what else can I do? Please help me for they are such good people. In Romania, we would accept of the payment but forgive of the deed if such was an accident.

Love,
~Cat

Oh Honey!! Accidents happen, that's why they are called accidents. Joyce and Justin are right, it could have been so much worse! Things can be fixed, and you didn't get hurt, or hurt anyone else. That's the important thing! I know you feel terrible and they know that too. This too will pass dear {{{Cat}}}.

Okay, I'm intervening here.

Everything was so icy here she couldn't help but slide.

I tossed her off; I can't get the Vista beast working until we figure out why it can't connect.

Here is how it was with snow, but afterwards, everything else from the front of my car to the garage was all ice. That's a good seven or eight feet of ice. It wasn't her fault; it was our fault for not clearing the driveway.

See:

It looks as if my car is up at the deck but it isn't.

She was never at fault.

It looks as if my car is at the deck, but it wasn't. Everything past it was ice.

She couldn't help a little accident. You can see my car was a way back, about ten feet to the garage door.

We will not accept payment. It was a simple accident. This can be fixed easily; this is why we have savings accounts. It was a tiny ooopsie; that is all.

I love Cat, but I need to show you all what she was up against. We didn't clear the driveway, it turned to ice, and that's that.

Now I'll let her have the puter back while I go wrestle with the Vista beast.

Back
Top Bottom