HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! 1/29)
GOOD LUCK TIPS FOR THE YEAR OF THE DOG:
* Hang the Chinese character "Fu"-which means "prosperity" or "happiness"-upside down in your house.
* Wear red clothing. Red scares away bad luck.
* Sweep dust from the house out the back door.
* Avoid ghost stories, references to death, and the number four-they'll bring you bad luck for the rest of the year.
1. which people were the first to use a decimal system?
2. what is the leading cause of death among Americans, 16-20 years old?
3. who played olive oyl in the 1980 movie?
4. in the videogame series, what is the name of Mario's girlfriend?
5. what state was boxer Joe Walcott from??
6. what did actor Burt Lancaster do for a living before he became an actor?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
"dalai lama" is a Mongolian title meaning, "keeper of the flame".
1. THE CHINESE
2. AUTO ACCIDENTS
3. SHELLY DUVAL
4. Pauline (??)
5. NEW JERSEY
6. circus acrobat (??)
it's a Tibetan title meaning, "ocean of wisdom" and refers to the spiritual leader and head of state of the Tibetan people.
his holiness the 14th dalai lama, Tenzin Gyatso, was recognized at the age of two as the reincarnation of the 13th dalai lama. according to custom, he began his monastic training at age six and has since become a revered spiritual figure the world over.
“Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good.” – Beth McCollister