Wowzers ! this new color scheme hurts my eyes.............
DID YOU KNOW...
Benedict IX was Pope at eleven years old.
1. What does the rock group's Name, ABBA, stand for ?
2. What Year Is It ??
Trivial Pursuit introduced - Margaret Thatcher is elected Prime Minister of the UK - 63 Americans taken hostage in Iran...
3. "Ack !" is the favorite exclamation of what Comic Strip title character ?
4. Current Events ;
Fill in the blank......... Last week, Yankees third baseman ______________ admitted to using steroids while playing for the _(Bonus)___ _________ from 2001 to 2003.
5. Do you recall who played the role of the Waco Kid, in the Mel Brooks film Blazing Saddles ?
6. What does "Acta non Verba" translate to in English ?
7. What's it's Name ?
A sovereign and independent state, It has borders on its landward side with several communes of the French Department of the Alpes-Maritimes. Seawards, It faces the Mediterranean. Its surface area is 485 acres, of which nearly 100 were recovered from the sea during the course of the last twenty years.
8. The Star Spangled Banner was written on a ship anchored in Baltimore Harbor during the bombing of what Fort ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Fatty Arbuckle, chubby silent screen star, was found guilty of rape and murder and died in
1. It's an acronym for the first names of the members; Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Benny Andersson , Björn Ulvaeus, , and Agnetha Fältskog
4. Alex Rodrguez (Texas Rangers)
5. Gene Wilder
6. "Deeds not Words"
8. Fort McHenry
roscoe "fatty" arbuckle was a rising star, signing a $1 million contract with paramount in
1921- an unheard-of sum at the time.
that same year, fatty took a vacation in san francisco and threw a party at the st. francis
hotel. one of the party-goers, virginia rappe, fell ill during the party and died several
fatty was accused, and tried two times for rape and manslaughter, both trials ending in
at the third trial, the jury took 6 minutes to return a not guilty verdict.
but fatty's reputation was ruined, and he was banned from the screen.
he died in 1943 at the age of 46.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi