What Is Your Favorite Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Tears to a smile. A waltz to crunk. Acoustic to Techno. Love to rage. Classical to Acid Rock.
Nothing more to me is more moving.... emotionaly changing than music.
Its a friend, a reminder and a conduit to ones emotion.
What is YOUR favorite song? :)
I would really enjoy knowing why, but if you dont care to say I understand.

Some folks have favorites for different moods. If you cant narrow it down to one, then just give us a few! :mrgreen:

Sush..you are to young to remember any of my favorite songs.
The one that means the most to me is the one i dedicated to Paul at his service.
"Only You" by the Four Aces

I love the music from the late "40's" and early "50's" My teen age years.
Marge

Dove, I have heard that song many times. My generation isnt THAT far away. Last of the 'boomers'. Your generation is mine plus the hippies. :) Im 36.

Sushi, while I agree with you about how the music affect your life, you pose a nearly impossible question, maybe I could list my top all time 100 fave tunes or something like that, but just ONE???
My tastes are quite diverse, from Classical, Indie, Electro/techno, grunge, 80's kitsch, for the last few years Italian pop, I even admit I like quite a few boyband songs from the 90's and there are many songs that catch my fancy that are not from my usual genre.

However I think I can narrow it down to 2 if I think of the songs that means more deeply to me.

1. Captain and the kid, which reminds me of my dad
2. Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes, which reflect the course of my life so well.

Both songs are written and performed by Jimmy Buffet.

Depends on my mood...the atmoshere.....Today.. Dvorak's New World Symphony.. and Aaron Copeland's Appalachian Spring..

Then at times...All My Rowdy Friends..Hank Willaims Jr. can be fun!:LOL:

I guess I really don't have just one favorite song or type of music...

I was thinking of this question as phrased "if I could listen to one song before I died..." and it would be One by Metallica.

There are definitely different favorite songs for each mood though, so given that I hope to not die soon I won't restrict myself to just that one song. I'll listen to pretty much anything, though I tend to stay away from country.

My over all favorite song ever is Unchained Melody but otherwise it does depend on my mood.

mad_evo99 said:
I'll listen to pretty much anything, though I tend to stay away from country.

There are many kinds of country. Often radio stations play only the popular country which, admittedly, can be rather tiresome. I like to explore 'alternative' country (cowpunk) and country blues (Ray Charles).

For those interested in exploring a wide range of musical genres, I gotta make a plug for URGE. It's a very interesting tool for exploring and downloading music (legally). For only $10 a month you can download as much music as you want to your computer and listen as much as you like. If you get tired of it, just delete it. For an additional $5 per month, you can transfer any of your downloaded music to your portable music device (MP3, iPod). You still have to pay for 'Burn Rights' if you want to burn to a CD, but there's really no need for that anymore.

You can sign up for a free two-week trial on urge.com and see what you think. After the trial, I HAD to have it.

Z

My all time favorite song is "Stella By Starlight." A number of artists have done it well, and no doubt many more will interpret it.

Mood does play a part, but my faves are pretty much always my faves....

i just can't, I keep starting a list for you and then realising more and more would go on it, could not be left off. We put our cds in storage before leaving UK...I indexed them, we thought we had about 3000......double it and we would be nearer the figure we are prepared to admit to. DH used to get a lot of demos sent, and things to review, his brother is also a music journalist, so a few hand me downs from him, and DH knows EVERY discount music store in London, NYC and Paris, as well as a few here, so we collect a few...

I can't choose just one. It's impossible. SO here's just a select few

Mama by Phil Collins

Man on the Corner by Phil Collins/ Genesis
plus countless others by him

Main Street by Bob Segar

Hysteria by Def Leppard

Bed of Roses by Warrant

Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi

I love anything from pop, old rock, metal, symphonic, pretty much anything, but my heart belongs to pop music.

Ok, Mary J Blidge ' be without' is my current fav.

Last edited:
I can't choose just one. It's impossible. SO here's just a select few

Mama by Phil Collins

Man on the Corner by Phil Collins/ Genesis
plus countless others by him

Main Street by Bob Segar

Hysteria by Def Leppard

Bed of Roses by Warrant

Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi

Ahhhhhh... you know it 2007 right? NOT 1988. :ermm: I have some cold water I can splash on you. :huh: Im worried. :ermm:

There are too many songs so I wil just list some of my fave bands that pretty much 99% of thier work, is Fave worthy.

Anything by:

Steely Dan
Jamiroquai
Blind mans Sun
Phish
Pink Floyd
Particle
Zero 7
Steel Pulse
Groove Collective
Greyboy Allstars
and so many others...