What not to take to a cook out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goodweed of the North said:
And their Grandpa on Mom's side once ate two 72 oz. "steaks" at one sitting. It was one of those "eat one, get one free deals at a restaurant in Texas. His appetite was legendary.

LOL - That's GOT to be the "Free 72-oz steak" at The Big Texan in Amarillo, TX. :pig:

It's not really "eat one - get one free". It's eat it within an hour and get it for free - or you pay for it .... here are the rules.

As far as I know (according to the records) only 2 people have been able to polish off 2 steaks (9 lbs of cow + 2 salads, 2 shrimp cocktails, 2 rolls) in the 1-hour time limit. Klondike Bill, a professional wrestler, back in the 1960s - and Richard LaFeare who chomped his way through 2 steaks on the "Donny & Marie Osmond Show" in 2000.

I've eaten there a dozen times or so ... when I was living in Golden, CO and driving back and forth for Christmas and summer vacations ... Amarillo was my 1/2 way point - always put on the feedbag there and spent the night.

I can scarf down a bunch of cow - but when you stand there and look at a 4.5-lbs slab (to be consumed within 60-minutes) .... I pass.

But - they do have great steaks!

On very hot days I've seen desserts based on both jell-o and chocolate turn to pools of melted liquid :ohmy:

(BTY - completely hilarious thread! My brain is still out of it from this flu to think of anything nearly as funny as you guys have done :LOL:)

I used to go with my dh to the golf tournament (TPC)and it was amazing to see some girls there in heels. What could they be thinking - walking for miles up and down the terrain - some on concrete paths - some on wooded paths. - Not a cookout - but what not to take, anyway!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom