Who Would Win A Fight Between Alton Brown And Emeril?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A physical fight or a cook off? If it's a cook off, my vote goes for Alton! I love that man... :in_love:

For a cookoff my vote would go to Emeril. I much prefer to watch Alton, but his food does not measure up. He has the science of what he is doing down pat and would kick Emerils butt in a trivia or science contest, but when it comes right down to it, Emeril is a better chef.

I'm not talking about a cookoff!!!!!!

I'm talking a fist fight!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

If you're talking about a fist fight, why would anyone care? It's like apples and oranges. I imagine Emeril is several years older and he's obviously a weight class or two heavier. And since neither is a fighter, it wouldn't be of much interest to me. I like to watch fighters fight, and chefs cook.

I do like to ponder the cookoff aspect. While I like Alton Brown for his scientific approach to cooking, there's no question that Emeril is a better chef. There's room for both on the Food Network, since I think Brown explains the basics very well, and Emeril is an artist with his pairing of flavor and form.

BC

BlueCat said:
If you're talking about a fist fight, why would anyone care? It's like apples and oranges. I imagine Emeril is several years older and he's obviously a weight class or two heavier. And since neither is a fighter, it wouldn't be of much interest to me. I like to watch fighters fight, and chefs cook.

I do like to ponder the cookoff aspect. While I like Alton Brown for his scientific approach to cooking, there's no question that Emeril is a better chef. There's room for both on the Food Network, since I think Brown explains the basics very well, and Emeril is an artist with his pairing of flavor and form.

BC
Sheesh dude....I'm just playing around.

Doesn't anybody have a sense of humor?

:(

you talkin' to me?

are you talkin' to me?

no sense of humor, thems fightin' words. put up yer dukes!!! :boxing:

(actually the audience would win. alton could win on points being fast and wiry, but emeril could toss a coupla haymakers, smashing ol' alton in the mush. ahhh, the sweet science...)

Emerill would win both. Alton probably grew up attending private schools and played games like squash and croquette (I attended private schools too so don't anyone get offended here). Emerill probably played stickball on the streets (doesn't he kind of look like Babe Ruth?) and from his high energy level, seemed like one of those kids who would get into fights and liked to get dirty. Alton probably cried if he got his shirt stained. Emerill would've been one of those kids who stole Alton's lunch money and beat him up at the bus stop.

In a cook off? As much I as don't really care for him as a Chef, Emerill would win any day of the week blindfolded and twice on Sundays.

I'm with everyone that asked "who cares" . . . . . .

As for cooking, I think Emeril for sure.

Put 'em in a ring, I don't know. Emeril is stockier, but shorter. Alton is much taller and leaner, so weight may not be too far off. Knowing where Fall River, Massachusetts is, and the nature of the environment there being (at least it was, maybe changed since) more of an industrial type old school union community, Emeril would likely have the street fight smarts. The real only rule in street fighting is you don't lose. That said, Alton looks like he could be fairly athletic, and his height could be an advantage. If E could cut A down to size, E would win. If not, it would at least be a coin toss, and maybe lean towards A.

In a test of knowledge, Alton would win. Emeril certainly knows his stuff, and I mean no disrespect to his culinary mind, but as others have said, Alton knows the science of cooking like the back of his hand. Listening to him commentate on ICA amazes me. I'm not a big fan of Alton, but I don't know anyone who has a chance of knowing more.

sydfan said:
Sheesh dude....I'm just playing around.

Doesn't anybody have a sense of humor?

:(

I guess I just missed the humor in a fist fight between those two, but if you think that's funny, knock yourself out. Get it? Knock yourself out??? :ROFLMAO::boxing:

BC

Last edited:
I love Alton. Good Eats is one of the only shows I still watch on the Food network. He is not as good a chef, imo, as Emeril though. I can't stand watching Emeril on TV, but all of his recipes I have tried have been amazing. Altons recipes are good, but not in the same ballpark as Emeril.

knowing where Emiril grew up, He would win the fist fight. The cookoff?? Both have their strengths, but my guess is Emiril would as he has years of restaurant experience. Alton is more of a writer commentator. However, I'd be delighted to be his guest for whatever he cooks.

grumblebee said:
Am I the only one who likes Alton? I thing he is great... :)

Not at all. He's kinda starting to grow on me. That said, he's an encyclopedia, not a chef. Well, I guess one could argue he's a chef and it could be proven, but not at all at the caliber of Emeril, or many others from ICA and the other FN shows.

His knowledge and ability to be an encyclopedia makes him a perfect host for ICA. He can figure out what is going on and clearly explain it far before I can. I really like his "time outs" during the battle to explain the origin of whatever the secret ingredient is, or chart what cuts of meat come what what parts of the pig, cow, or whatever that is the secret ingredient.

BigDog said:
Not at all. He's kinda starting to grow on me. That said, he's an encyclopedia, not a chef. Well, I guess one could argue he's a chef and it could be proven, but not at all at the caliber of Emeril, or many others from ICA and the other FN shows.

His knowledge and ability to be an encyclopedia makes him a perfect host for ICA. He can figure out what is going on and clearly explain it far before I can. I really like his "time outs" during the battle to explain the origin of whatever the secret ingredient is, or chart what cuts of meat come what what parts of the pig, cow, or whatever that is the secret ingredient.

Nothing against Alton, but he's not a chef. Never has been. Getting a culinary degree does not make anyone a chef. He's a cook who knows a lot about food.

BigDog said:

I guess my problem is, Emeril irritates me so much I havent been able to get through a whole show of his! :rolleyes: I'm sure he is a great chef, but I find him too loud and brash for me...

If you are wanting to crown King Arrogant, that title goes to Bobby Flay though. He makes amazing dishes, but he is so full of himself!

Back
Top Bottom