Discuss Cooking is now #1 at Chef2Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Just Voted, Did You?

I love being First place!! Haahahahhahaha. And Hall of Fame here we come!! Make sure all your Votes are 5 Stars!!

As of the latest 20:22 PDT update ... we just need 284 more 5-Star votes to be over the 40,000 point total needed to get into the Hall of Fame.

Have you voted for the greatest cooking forum on the web, today?

COME ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are marching on.... to the HALL OF FAME!!!!!! Lets show these lesser forums what we are made of!!!!
33.gif

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----> http://chef2chef.net/rank/inter.shtml

As of the last time I checked a few minutes ago ... we have over 8,000 votes and are just 104 5-Star votes away from having 40,000 points! Sometimes voting is up on the weekend, sometimes it's down ... but looking at the avg for past week - we'll reach the 40,000 point mark within about 6-7 days. We should be in the Hall of Fame the next time they update the list!

All of the hard work of voting everyday has finally paid off...I remember we were 38 in august...That is pretty fast...

miguzigoldfish said:
This doesn't mean we can stop voting! If we do that, cheftalk would easily take 1st place

Arrgh! The urban myth that just will not die!!! :doh:

ChefTalk, over the past 6 months has averaged 3.16 5-Star votes per day .... 2.86 over the past 3 weeks. At that rate, if we never got another vote between now and then, it would take them until Sept 15-30 to catch up to us!

USELESS TRIVIA:

Based on the voting patterns over the last 6 months ... approximately how long would it take the 7 spots behind us (if we never got another vote) to catch up to us?

#2 - 09/15/2005
#3 - 02/15/2007
#4 - 05/18/2006
#5 - 01/13/2007
#6 - 08/16/2007
#7 - 02/19/2006
#8 - 04/30/2007

Voting has been slower today (as of the 12-noon update) than average .... it's been a nice day for most of the country so I'm sure folks are out doing things other than sitting in front of their computers. But, it's still early in the day.

To make the Hall of Fame we need 8,000 votes and 40,000 points. We've already got over 8,000 votes. And, we only need 83 more 5-Star votes to hit the 40,000 points. With our crew voting every day ... based on past averages ... we'll hit that 40K mark in about 4 days ... certainly before the end of the month.

So, while we don't need to worry about the #2 site "easily" overtaking us ... we've come this far so let's get it done!

chesterchippy said:
Maybe we can find another list that could introduce this site to people.

Good idea! I've been looking around ... found a top 100 recipe sites (not related to Chef2Chef top 100 lists) - but they are just recipe sites and not a chatty forum like us!

What will we do when we hit the magic 40,000 points to get into the Hall of Fame tomorrow?

Yeah, I just noticed that when I went to vote.

We meet the criteria, when do we graduate to the Hall of fame?

Hey Chocolatechef!

Im not sure! Maybe today!! Maybe someone will tell us when?:chef::):chef: Yay!!! People we are on our way to FAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!:clap::clap::bounce::bounce:

Chef2Chef generally updates the Top-100 list sometime after the first of the month. This month, they updated the Hall of Fame list on the 9th.

Back
Top Bottom