Parchment paper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not much of a baker but I do make cookies now and then, and use parchment paper. I just plop a blob of cookie dough on the four corners first to help the paper lay flat, then fill in the rest. :ermm: :)

Last edited:
I do the same as Cheryl, except I rarely bake cookies. I do roast a lot of vegetables though, and plop a carrot or cauli chunk on the four corners to anchor the paper down.

Yep, I do the same with roasted veggies too, when I'm not grilling them. Works just fine.

I honestly didn't think parchment would work for caramels, but I sprayed the parchment with oil, poured the caramel onto it and it was amazing, let the caramel loose easily. It's a life saver.
I used it for fruit rollups, it was great.

I tear off a sheet from the roll, then roll it backwards from the way it was on the roll. Flattens out every time for me. Quick and easy. ATK places a dab of the dough on each corner and then sticks the paper on the dough. Or they spray the corners of the pan. It also helps to keep the sheet from moving around. I prefer the spray method over the dough one. Sometimes I want to just slide the whole sheet off the pan and let the food cool on a rack. It also saves time when moving the food from the sheet to the rack. Pick up an edge, tilt and let the food slide off. Place parchment sheet back on the pan and reuse. :angel:

If you don't happen to be baking cookies, all you have to do is wet the pan with some water and the pp will stick to the pan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom