Pre-Smoked Pork Chops on the Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Did a quick run through the archives but didn't quite find the info. I have some 1 1/2" thick presmoked bone in pork chops. How long on the grill? Or would they be better off in the oven? I figured a temp of 140°. Is a rub or marinade neccesary since they're already smoked?

Thanks!

Hmm. Have some leftover hot sauces from our last Korean meal, may use that.

As it's 100°+, I may have to rethink the grill.

You gave me an idea, Bill. Will mix some of the hot sauce with honey! Thanks! I may fire up the little hibachi.

As hot as it's been...you could just leave them outside until they reach ambient temp...almost up to the correct temp:rolleyes:

PrincessFiona60 said:
As hot as it's been...you could just leave them outside until they reach ambient temp...almost up to the correct temp:rolleyes:

:LOL: I ended up cooking it in a CI pan on stovetop with the Korean/honey marinade. Had the charcoal ready to go, then thought, nah. Too hot.

DH's birthday! Heh. He gets what he gets!

Last edited:
happy birthday, mr. luver!

how'd they come out, dawg. i've never heard if smoked chops that were uncooked. were they still raw looking, or pr-cooked but not done through? depending on the thickness, a normal pork chop doesn't take long to cook.

Thanks, BT!

Chop was VERY salty. It really needed the sweetness from the honey. It was smoked to the point of being partly precooked. I think the panfry method worked, but I probably won't get them again. Still have another huge chop in the freezer, it may be destined for bean or pea soup.

Back
Top Bottom