Fresh Apple Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the recipe Connie, I've just started looking for apple recipes. We have 15 apple trees and I have 5 gallon buckets of apples in the house, ahhh the aroma, and in the barn. Just what I was looking for, a recipe that uses more than one apple!

We brought back a case of wonderful fresh apples from Val Venosta... now it is time to get this recipe out, by now our old favourite!!:-p

Good job Sierracook, this recipe deserves to be introduced anew for all the new comers... take from my words, who have recreated this masterpiece for several times already, this is sooooo good!!:chef:

Here I was, with two trees full of both Fuji and Gala apples and wondering what to make with some of them...Thanks SC for reminding me of this recipe and Connie for posting it the first time. I remember that my kids and I loved this cake, so I'm making another copy of it to put in the kitchen and another for each of the girls..

kadesma:)

I'm glad you all are enjoying the cake recipe.

Beth, I envy you your apple trees...I love apples any way you fix them!

Here's another apple recipe I think you'll enjoy...I used currants instead of raisins.

Apple Conserve

This apple conserve is made with fresh chopped apples, raisins, pectin, and chopped pecans or walnuts. Scroll down to see more apple recipes.
INGREDIENTS:
• 4 1/2 cups finely chopped red tart apples, about 3 pounds
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1 package powdered pectin
• 5 1/2 cups sugar
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts
• red food coloring, optional

PREPARATION:
Sort and wash apples. Remove stem and blossom ends; core but do not peel. Chop apples finely, measuring 4 1/2 cups.
To make conserve, combine chopped apples, water, lemon juice, and raisins in a large kettle.
Add pectin and stir well. Place over high heat. Stirring constantly, bring quickly to a full boil with bubbles over the entire surface.
Add sugar; continue stirring, and bring to a full bubbling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add pecans or walnuts.
Remove from heat. If more color is desired, add 3 or 4 drops of red food coloring. Skim.
Pour immediately into hot, sterile canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Seal. Process for 5 minutes in boiling-water bath. Makes 6 or 7 half-pint j

It looks like another useful cake for my husband's office....I hope Kyles sees this one too! Thank you!

I just bought a large bag of apples at our Farmers Market yesterday. Now I know what I am going to do with them . Thanks for the great recipes. :)

:) Constance!I made your cake last night it is deeelish.I had another thought if you dont have apples canned pineapple,fresh plums and so on would also be really good.For some reason Im stuck on the pineapple thing maybe cause I got some canned slices in the fridge.

I love to drink cold milk with sweet apples. It's awesome you would bring it up because it has long been my favorite dessert since I was a boy. This makes for a good excuse to revisit my early passions.

oh yea, but cholesterol has forced me to soy and rice milk, tho I like them a lot. Especially when I need something to drink in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. The none dairy milks are easier on mah stomach.

Constance, your cake sounds wonderful and I'm making it today. We just picked 20 apples off our tree. this recipe looks like one of the best I have seen for apple cake. Thanks for posting.

I hope you enjoy it!

RD, that's why I have switched to skim milk. My bones need the calcium, but my artieries don't need the fat!

Constance

Just thought I would let you know that I have sent your "Fresh Apple Cake" recipe to family in California, Wisconsin and over to Luxembourg. How nice of you to share with us. Thanks again. :)

Constance said:
I hope you enjoy it!

RD, that's why I have switched to skim milk. My bones need the calcium, but my artieries don't need the fat!
You might ought to try the soy milk with calcium. It's hard to sell soy and rice milk to ppl used to dairy.

This looks like an awesome recipe, and the frosting with mascarpone sounds way too good! I've tried several apple cake recipes, none of them ever being amazing, but I'm saving this one!

-Tim

Constance

Just to let you know that my granddaughter made you apple cake yesterday and just as she called me today to tell me how good it was, I was just starting to put the recipe together. At first I was a little worried, the batter seem pretty thick. But once I stirred the apples and nuts into it, I could tell it would be alright. And it was, it turned out great. Delicious.:flowers:

Sorry folks, I was bumping up the thread that this recipe was on. I'm fixing this recipe for a party tomorrow. I've fixed it several times before and keep getting request for it. Great recipe Constance!

I'm glad so many people have enjoyed the apple cake! The gentleman who shared it with me is long since passed, but I know how pleased he would be to know how much his cake is still being enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom