Lemon Poppyseed Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I meant to post this long ago, and never did. I made it again today.

Cake

1/4 cup poppyseeds
1/4 cup milk
1 lemon cake mix
1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 oil
1 cup warm water

Glaze

3 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp white sugar

Soak poppyseeds in milk overnight (or if you are impatient, heat the milk up a bit and soak for an hour or so)
Mix together the cake mix, the pudding, the oil, water, eggs and poppy seed mixture. Pour into a sprayed bundt pan. Bake at 350 for one hour. Turn cake out and drizzle with glaze while still warm.

Yep there is lots left. My kids preferred the Rocky Road fudge so the cake is virtually untouched. Just the piece I ate is missing. I think next time I make it I will toss in some lemon zest, it needs to be zippier. I remember thinking that the LAST time I made it, but forgot to note it on the recipe. DOH!

Emmmm Alix, I love lemon..This sounds so good. Will be have quite a few here for the 3-4 f july so will fix it then..Thanks

kadesma

Hope you enjoy it! I like this one but actually prefer the orange poppyseed cake I posted a while ago. I need more ZIP!

If you make this one and add the lemon zest could you post and let me know if it is zingy enough? Thanks kadesma!

Will let you know Alix. I've already added ingredients to my shopping list..And I've made a note to add more zest...

kadesma:LOL: drooling already

Don't you hate it when you lose a recipe and then fake it (and it turns out OK, but not quite right) and realize..."I posted that on DC!!" AFTER you have it in the oven. Sigh.

I have GOT to start archiving these recipes better! Maybe just a file with the links in it.

Alix, did you post the Orange Poppyseed Cake on here? I've had the lemon and it is delicious, but would like to see the other. Thanks

Recipe copied and the first thing I thot of adding was a little zest!!
and/or some lemon juice added to the warm water.....hmmmm
Anxious to try this.

I meant to post this long ago, and never did. I made it again today.

Cake

1/4 cup poppyseeds
1/4 cup milk
1 lemon cake mix
1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 oil
1 cup warm water

Glaze

3 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp white sugar

Soak poppyseeds in milk overnight (or if you are impatient, heat the milk up a bit and soak for an hour or so)
Mix together the cake mix, the pudding, the oil, water, eggs and poppy seed mixture. Pour into a sprayed bundt pan. Bake at 350 for one hour. Turn cake out and drizzle with glaze while still warm.
now that's my kind of recipe:-pthanks for sharing dear person:)

My pleasure! And its really a no fail one too. When you are in a hurry cuz you have folks arriving its a great one to yank out of the pile.

My pleasure! And its really a no fail one too. When you are in a hurry cuz you have folks arriving its a great one to yank out of the pile.
and goodness knows I love everything "yankable";)
Hey Alix, have you ever tried BarbL's wonderful cake concoctions? they too are so good and soooooooooo easy

Back
Top Bottom