Rhubarb Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timeloyd

Washing Up
Carbondale, Ill. U.S.A. Earth / ZZ 9 Plural Z A
I like Rhubarb and so was pleasently surprised when I found my recipe for Rhubarb Cookies.
Put 2 sticks or 1/2 cup Margerine / Butter in a metal bowl. Cover by putting a pie pan on it and leave till the Oil seperates from the butter abit.
Add 1 cup white sugar and stir it into the butter until it is creamy. If the Butter is not soft enough it can mix kind of grainy.
Now mix in 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar until once again it looks smooth and creamy.
Stirr in One Large Egg but don't let it get too stirred up. You don't need a rhubarb yet. Let it rest a bit.
In a seperate Bowl... I use a Glass Bowl for mixing dry ingredients Mix Together
2 cups Flour,
1 tablespoon Baking Powder,
1 teaspoon Baking Soda and a dash of Salt mixing everything clockwise until it is even.
Stirring slowly add to the wet mixture and mix together .. singing ~ Let's get together, ya ya ya.
Add 2 Cups of Oatmeal ~ 1 cup at a time until evenly mixed up and there is no Oatmeal left in the bottom of the bowl ~ your pun here. Let sit aside to rest.
In a measuring cup put 1 cup Rhubarb sliced into 1/2 inch sections. Shake together with about 1/2 cup flour and pour into an empty bowl. Let set a bit.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees, and oil each cookie sheets with amount of Peanut Oil in the cap of the oil container.
Take a large spoon of dough and mixture and press in center rolling out a tad. Put 1 Rhubarb section on a bit of the cookie dough after flattening it. Fold the dough over the Rhubarb section so it can not be seen. Peek a rhu where are you ?
Make 8 cookies per tray and then put in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or from 1 TV commercial till the next ( reguar not the long paid commercials). Check and if it looks done take a whif, cool and enjoy. Make sure a rhubarb does not get started over the Rhubarb cookies. 8^{)

Could you explain the long paid commercial to me? Is that an infomercial or a cable tv vs network commercial?

Thanks

Bright

I use Television as my timer. Most regular commercials are 15 minutes apart so I put my food in when a show starts and count the commercials every 15 minutes till the cooking has to be done.
The exception is PBS, and long paid commercials or infomercials which are half an hour long or longer between commercials so are harder to use as timers. Sometimes when a station goes from regular programing to an infomercial it can throw your timing off.

On broadcast TV - a typical 30-minute program will only be 18-20 minutes long, with 4-6 commercial breaks totaling 10-12 minutes. There is no way that the time between commercials will be 15-minutes in this case.

Now - some channels that show movies will make adjustments ... they will go longer between commercials at the beginning of the movie to get you hooked - and then have commercials every 3-4 minutes towards the end knowing that if you've invested that much time to watch thus far you're not about to leave before seeing the end.

On earth - I would use a timer, a clock, or my watch to judge the passage of time ... not the unpredictable whim of a broadcaster! Although, if you're watching MASH on TBS ... from the start of the theme song, which goes directly into the first round of commercials, to the start of the show is about 3 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom