Chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe I am missing something. What are you making?

Why would you want to add paraffin to chocolate anyway? (Unless you are shipping some candies to Kuwait, Iraq, or similar.)

-Art

Art Pollard said:
Why would you want to add paraffin to chocolate anyway? (Unless you are shipping some candies to Kuwait, Iraq, or similar.)

-Art

Yeah, I know, Art, it sounds gross, but evidently the wax adds a sheen and "stiffness" to the chocolate. It's used even though some of the packages say it's not for consumption. I'd kind of like to try it sometime.

Here's an example of a recipe that uses paraffin:

TURTLES
42 caramel candy
3 tablespoons evaporated milk
2 cups pecans
12 ounces milk chocolate chips
1/4 block paraffin wax

Dissolve caramels in double boiler with milk; add pecans. Drop by spoonfuls on greased plate; cool. In double boiler, melt 12 ounce package of milk chocolate chips and 1/4 cake paraffin wax. Dip caramel mixture in chocolate and place on wax paper to cool. Use a toothpick to dip. Serving Size: 12.

Lee

Use tempered chocolate bars, melt and retemper; ergo, no parafin. You can google tempering chocolate. It is easy to do and makes the choco. shinny and crisp. I'd also make the carmel it is so much better than store bought. Microwave carmel is easy too and delishious.

Back
Top Bottom