Favorite Ice Cream dessert...easy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gracie's Kitchen

Assistant Cook
1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
1/4 c. melted butter
Ice cream of choice, softened (we prefer Mint Chip)
Jar of Fudge (I like Mrs. Richardson's)
Small container of Cool Whip

Crush one package of Oreo cookies. Melt 1/4 cup butter and mix with the crushed Oreos. Reserve about 1/3 cup crushed cookie mixture for topping. Press the rest of the cookie mixture in bottom of a 9X13 inch pan. Put in freezer for a bit. Meanwhile, soften a half gallon of your favorite icecream. We love Mint Chip for this recipe, but others work well. Slice slightly softened ice cream into approx. 1 to 1 1/4 inch slices and lay on top of cookies in pan until all areas are covered with the ice cream. Put in freezer to get hard. Usually a half hour to hour is good. Take cap off of a jar of fudge and put in microwave until just slightly soft, but not runny. 30 seconds, depends on microwave (Don't get it hot!) Spread this on top of the ice cream layer of dessert. Freeze a little longer. Spread on a small container of Cool Whip topping, then sprinkle on the reserved crushed Oreo cookie mixture. Freeze solid. Good to make the day prior to using.

Before serving, bring out of freezer about 15 minutes before serving to soften enough to be able to cut through it. Enjoy!:chef:

Last edited:
My favorite ice cream dessert is a scoop or two of good ol' homemade French vanilla with a spoonful of hot fudge or hot butterScotch sauce (or homemade strawberry jam) on it. :) So simple, so delicious.

My favorite ice cream dessert is a scoop or two of good ol' homemade French vanilla with a spoonful of hot fudge or hot butterScotch sauce (or homemade strawberry jam) on it. :) So simple, so delicious.

Ooooooo.... I'm with you!!! ;)

I froze some Macadamia Nut Turtles and smacked them with a hammer...all the resulting shards are going on French Vanilla ice cream.

I'm with you June, butterscotch, caramel, Yum Yum Yum!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom