Help cooking Corned Beef/Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ginger beer is a sweeter version of ginger ale, I guess like a ginger flavoured lemonade.
Wow it must be something different over there. We have ginger beer here, but I would definitely not describe it as a sweeter version of ginger ale. Quite the opposite actually. Over here ginger beer is less sweet and have a spicy bite to it.

it has got the spicy bite to it but ginger ale here is a mixer and is quite dry, not a drink that you would have in the same manner as a cola say, whereas with ginger beer it is. It isn't quite as sweet as lemonade, nor cola, but it is a sweet drink. Absolutely lovely with a scoop of icecream in it!! (Ginger beer spider!!)

i would love to try your ginger ale. What we have here is often too sweet for me. That ginger beer spider sounds great!

Bilby, would you be willing to share the Corned Beef simmered in ginger beer with us? I'd love to try that. Of course, I'm going to need to find a source of ginger beer.

Find a Roach Coach at JFK Airport....all the ginger beer you want. Tastes like :sick:

LOL - wish I could oblige you GB!! There is nothing like a ginger beer spider on a hot summer's day. The bite of ginger cuts through the sweetness of the soft drink and is just so refreshing but creamy too! A bit like the egg cream in reverse!

Roach Coach

DSC_6572b.jpg

Mmmmm, love Corned Beef and this is how we do it!

Cover the beef with cold water, add 1 tbsp each of golden syrup and malt vinegar per litre of water. Throw in a dozen black peppercorns, some parsley stalks, thinly peeled orange rind, a couple of peeled onions and carrots. Giggle gently until tender, :LOL: turn the meat over once. Best to cover to prevent the liquid evaporating to much as you want that to make.....

Mustard Sauce ( double/triple as required)

1 Egg
2 Tbsps Sugar
1 Tbsp Plain Flour
2 Tsps Dry Mustard Powder
1 Cup Corned Beef Liquid
1/4 Cup Malt Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Beat egg and sugar together. Put into saucepan and add flour and mustard, mixing well. Stir in the beef liquid and vinegar slowly. Cook over a low heat stirring constantly until mix simmers and thickens. Adjust seasoning with S&P if required, and also add a little sugar to get a good balance if needed. This sauce is meant to be slightly sweet.
I always triple it at least to reheat and have with leftovers. :)

Sometimes I add potatos and extra carrots to the waterl ater during cooking, to eat with the beef. They absorb that wonderful flavour.
We usually serve it with sauteed cabbage with a touch of garlic, a parsnip/carrot mash, and potatos of course.
Now I want some.

this is a cut of meat that just cries out for a crock-pot. put meat:chef: in and packet of spices that come with it, add lots of pepper. cover with water put on lid and don't take it off for at least three hours, then check to see if getting done. will probaly take about five hours. everytime you take lid off it adds tweny min. to the cooking time.

put meat on platter, put cabbage wedges in broth and cooking till tender,can do potatoes as well.

make a pan of corn bread and go for it

babe

Back
Top Bottom