ISO Eye of the Round Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I have a 2 1/4 lb. roast and would like to cook it in my crock pot. Sort of like a pot roast. Will that work? any recipes?

Thanks
Lyndalou

Eye of Round will work nicely in your crock-pot. I would cut slits in it and add bacon lardoons to add favor. Also, smother the roast in onion-slices and add enough water to come half-way up on the roast. Lightly salt, put the top on, cook on low all day. For extra flavor, heat a small amount (about 2 tbs.) cooking oil in a heavy (I love my cast-iron) pan and sear the roast on all sides until browned. Then put in the crock-pot.

To turn this into a pot roast, add carrots and potatoes, and maybe some green beans to the pot.

An alternate way of cooking this meal is to do it in a aroasting pan with little water, and a slow oven (220 degrees F.) for 4 to 5 hours. Then you can use the jucies and fat to make Yorkshire Pudding. :)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you , Goodweed. I'll look forward to making this next Sunday. Our children and "grands" are coming for a visit and this will free me up to enjoy them and not be in the kitchen.
Lyndalou

P>S> Love the idea of the bacon lardoons.

Back
Top Bottom