Melt In Your Mouth Meat Loaf Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
made this again yummy i love this cold for sandwhiches with a lil mustard-- great.
this time I made i put some chopped bacon in it. oh my it was good.
love the recipe thanks

You are welcome. I love this meatloaf, it's so easy to make and looks like you really worked at it. Garlic does sound good in the potatoes. We love garlic also.
Ol-blue, have you ever tried spreading a layer of mashed potatoes on the top of the meatload during the uncovered cooking period? Then you top the slices of both meat and potatoes with a nice, thick brown gravy. Peas, too, of course.

Do you think I can make this in a crock pot? Next week's theme day is Ode to the Tax Man (on April 15th). We're dressing up in red/white/blue and having a potluck of comfort foods, American foods, and red/white/blue foods.

I thought this would be perfect for a comfort food!

yum

made this meat loaf sat. for guests. they loved it. i liked it but thought it could use more cheese. also realized it was stovetop stuffing after the fact. i used mrs cubbinsons.

thanks again blue

babe:chef:

mbasiszta, I have never tried it with a layer of potatoes on top. It does sound good. I will have to try that next time. Good idea! Debbie

Angie, I'm not sure if you could use a crock pot or not. It's a soft meatloaf so you may have problems slicing it. Debbie

babetoo, It could use more cheese, but I was trying to keep the fat down a little. I have never heard of Mrs Cubbinsons stuffing, but I'm sure it was fine. We only have one brand here in my area. Debbie

mbasiszta, I have never tried it with a layer of potatoes on top. It does sound good. I will have to try that next time. Good idea! Debbie
<snip>
babetoo, It could use more cheese, but I was trying to keep the fat down a little. I have never heard of Mrs Cubbinsons stuffing, but I'm sure it was fine. We only have one brand here in my area. Debbie
My wife and I are "empty nesters" now. When our children were home, I used to make this dish at least once a month.
I used to vary the ingredients a lot, to make it more appealing being served so often: oatmeal; shredded carrots; chopped
mushrooms; mix pork or lamb with hamburger.
I never use more than 6 ounces of filler. I think the cheese can be changed for variation, but 2 cups is perfect for me.
Unfortunately, my wife does not like this dish as much as I, so I only make it occasionally these days. I love it!

made this meat loaf sat. for guests. they loved it. i liked it but thought it could use more cheese. also realized it was stovetop stuffing after the fact. i used mrs cubbinsons.

thanks again blue

babe:chef:
Off topic, but babetoo, did you know that Mrs. Cubbison lived in San Marcos? (For those who don't know where babetoo lives, San Marcos is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from her).

:)Barbara

Off topic, but babetoo, did you know that Mrs. Cubbison lived in San Marcos? (For those who don't know where babetoo lives, San Marcos is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from her).

cool, i had no idea. i really do prefer her stuffing stuff, more like homemade. i add butter,onion,celery and a bit more seasoning to mine.

barbara, you know so much stuff.

babe

How could I have missed this? I had copied this recipe down and tried out out back in February, it was awesome and has become one of our favorite recipes.
Sorry, Ol Blue, for not giving you your mention earlier!

cool, i had no idea. i really do prefer her stuffing stuff, more like homemade. i add butter,onion,celery and a bit more seasoning to mine.

barbara, you know so much stuff.

babe
I know stuff about stuffing! :LOL: I remember when she died, there was an article in the Times-Advocate. I never knew she lived there until she died.

I must say this is a really great meatloaf. I made it again tonight and although I never have luck making meatloaf, this always comes out great.

I have this made and ready to into the oven in an hour or so. I can't wait to try it! Sure sounds good!

I knew I shouold have look the recipe up. My DW ask me yesterday to make meatloaf, but I didn't mostlybecause I did no twant to look up a recipe, lazy.

But on the other issue, does any body know where Ol-Blue is.

Meat loaf sandwiches are among my favorite sandwiches in the world, but I make my mom's recipe. She used stale bread that she squeezed out with water and then squished it up. And she always chopped her own onions and sauteed them, the same way we always did /do for chopped liver.

Years ago, my doctor told me to avoid additives and preservatives in food, and I've been doing without them for so long that any of that stuff tastes unbearably salty to my palate.

Funny that is what we are having for dinner tonight. I made the meat mixture up Sunday night after getting groceries. Then I place it in a plastic bag for a couple days with everything marinating while I do nothing. Tonight I just plop it in the pan when I get home and let it cook. I will be adding some water to mine like the recipe says though, does that make it juicy or something? Also the beefy soup mix will be great as well! My husband adds a bit of barbecue sauce to the top and that gives it a bit of tang, love it. Ive been cooking up a storm lately because we just got back from a cooking vacation Italian Cooking Vacations: Tours & Cooking School Holidays to Italy in Italy, wine tasting as well! I cant stop, we just might weigh 500 pounds come Christmas. But I must try some of your recipe with mine. Thanks.

I am not a "semi-homemade" kinda cook, but the basic ideas behind this recipe are sound. I have made it as it stands, and I have made it using fresh equivalents and while there was a difference, they were both very tasty meatloaves!

Back
Top Bottom