Ms. Mofet's Instant Pot Shredded Pulled Pork
4 lb. pork shoulder (pork butt), without bone
1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 1 1/2 cups water with 1 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon)*See note below
All seasoning can be adjusted to personal taste
1 TBSP dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
2½ tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp All Purpose seasoning
2 TBSP olive oil
- Cut the pork shoulder into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Place pork cubes in a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Combine the seasoning ingredients then add to pork and mix to thoroughly season the meat.
- Add the chicken broth to the Instant Pot inner pot. Set to sauté adjust to more and bring to boil.
- When broth is boiling add the pork to the pot.
- Lock lid and set to sealing.
- Use the Meat/Stew button and adjust to more (45 minutes).
- When done allow 10 minutes NPR then QR.
- Remove lid when the pin drops.
- The meat should be tender and falling apart. Remove from the pot with slotted spoon and let cool slightly. Then shred the pork using two forks.
Skim off the fat from the juices and discard the fat. Set to sauté setting and adjust to more (you will see 30 use "-" to lower to 25) allow to boil down to a thick constancy. The liquid will be SALTY, it is the seasoning for the pork. When thick add to shredded pork and mix well.
A squeeze of fresh lime gives a nice pop.
Note: *May use Pork bone broth if available.
Sorry picture isn't better.
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost