Summer Soup TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
A favorite here in summer fire up the grill, put together a nice green salad this soup chilled and sweet, brats, grilled veggies, or corn on the cob sit back relax and enjoy. Make a mile high pie with ice cream emmmmmm.
Place 1 cup strawberries,1 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup sugar in a blender. Puree. Pour into a pitcher and stir in 1/2 cups sour cream 1/2 cup heavy cream mix til well blended. Add1-1/.2 cups water and 1/2 cup light red wine chill serves 4
enjoy
kades:)

Sounds great, I usually go for Gazpacho in summer. I love cold soups!
like cold soups too. So refreshing and great sitting around the pool and having the soup and a great salad with freeze,arugula, sweet tomatoes avocado and sweet onions and warm crusty bread and butter. Now I've made myself hungry and have to wait til we drive to Phils for lunch and wonderful fish and artichokes.
kades

Can the red wine be left out or do you have a recommended substitute for it? I'd love to make this for a dinner with the folks but we're all non-alcohol people and even if I could find non-alcohol wine neither of my parents like it.

Can the red wine be left out or do you have a recommended substitute for it? I'd love to make this for a dinner with the folks but we're all non-alcohol people and even if I could find non-alcohol wine neither of my parents like it.
When I make this and the kids are here I put in a soda that is carbonated like strawberry aut use diet to cut down on the sugar, ar even a carbonated water beverage and it works fine.

When I make this and the kids are here I put in a soda that is carbonated like strawberry aut use diet to cut down on the sugar, ar even a carbonated water beverage and it works fine.

Sorry to butt in as well but I just wanted to suggest red grape juice. My kids are not allowed fizzy drinks and I would use that. Is that ok?

Sorry to butt in as well but I just wanted to suggest red grape juice. My kids are not allowed fizzy drinks and I would use that. Is that ok?
Sure and you didn't but in I love it when people ask questions pplus it gives me ideas to use next time.
So thanks to both of you.
kades my kids don't drink any carbonated sodas but juice and gatoerade sugar free are allowed. Plus lemon and limeade.

Back
Top Bottom