Greetings from Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessinAK

Assistant Cook
Just wanted to say hello! I have been reading alot of posts and can't believe all the tips I have already picked up here! I'm so excited! I love to cook for my family and we LOVE to eat!

Sometimes I have to remind myself that to practice eating to live NOT living to eat. Hee-hee

Bye for now! :0)

Welcome to DC PrincessinAK!! Your gonna love it here!! How's the weather all the way up there?? I'ts 97 degrees and muggy here.

8.gif

Thanks for the warm fuzzy welcomes! It's 8:20am here and 62 degrees It'll warm up a bit later but not to 97 lol.

Stay cool down there TexasGirl I hope you have A/C! :0)

Oh yea, the a/c is diffinately going

So is the electric meter:LOL: :wacko:

Post some pics of your beautiful state if you can.

Ohhh, that's a great idea! I have some sweet pics on my big puter but right now I'm in the kitchen with the laptop. Here is a picture I have uploaded of a teenage bullmoose who was "caught" on camera trespassing on our lawn last month (we didn't mind, he's so cute) http://members.sparedollar.com/anisah/moose1.jpg

Here are some other pictures that I have googled for ya! Enjoy!
Anchorage http://www.mindspring.com/~alutiiq/pix/ak/anchorage-sunset-apr003.jpg
Amazing Northern lights photos http://home.psknet.com/stevennourse/Tiffen.html
http://www.ci.delta-junction.ak.us/photo_pages/images/20000828_MOUNTAINSANDLAKE.jpg

I'd love to se something from Texas too :0)

The moose is awesome!!
I will get into my computer when I get home and see if I have any decent pics of my area. If not, I can get some this weekend.
Alaska looks beautiful and cold!!

Hi Princessinak, I'm kadesma, it's nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy DC as much as I do..It is really a wonderful place to chat, and learn and share...
so a big welcome...hope to chat with you soon.
kadesma:)

Hi KadesMa! It's nice to meet you too! I'm really enjoying browsing around DC and you folks are sooo friendly! I have picked up alot of helpful hints so far and I can't wait until I can add some of my own tips.

I love baking and really enjoy ethnic foods. My hubby and I are hooked on sushi which we just tried recently for the first time. I think I'll go do a search for sushi on DC and see what comes up. I'd love to know how to make a spicy california roll!

How FUN this place is! :0)

Thanks TexasGirl for that link! Did you ever get all your sushi ingredients together? Ooh if I can learn to make this stuff I will be sooo pleased! Hubby has spent $200 (ouch) on sushi lunches already this month and our cravings are not letting up! lol.

Kitchenelf~What kind of ferocious animal is that? Looks very dangerous! You're luckky your DH was there to save you!

Princess - we make sushi quite a bit - PM me or use my e-mail and I'll find out your likes and dislikes - I went through a period of craving sushi also - I ate it at LEAST 5 times a week - my poor family ate cheaply then!!!!! E-mail me about it, ok?

Thanks also :chef:

No princess, I never got the chance to make anything!! I love california rolls but noone else in my house will eat them, so, it would be a waste of time and gas to go looking for any of the ingredients. Hope yours come out wonderful though. Do you careflight??

Texasgirl what ingredients did you need? If it wasn't fish or anything perishable maybe I could help? I'd be happy to send you the seaweed wrappers, wasabi, sushi rice etc. We have a great city market that has loads of international type foods.:chef:

Do I careflight? I don't know what that is.

Welcome, Princess! AK has always been on my list of places I want to visit someday! I love moose so the picture of your front yard just convinced me I have to visit sooner than later!

PrincessinAK said:
Texasgirl what ingredients did you need? If it wasn't fish or anything perishable maybe I could help? I'd be happy to send you the seaweed wrappers, wasabi, sushi rice etc. We have a great city market that has loads of international type foods.:chef:

Do I careflight? I don't know what that is.

I meant for you to send your finished sushi care package to me:LOL:

Truthfully, the only thing that I can find down here is the fish and soy sauce. That is how bad it is here. I can probably find some things on the internet, I think. I'll figure out the cost of things and if you can get them and mail them cheaper, I'll pm you.
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom