Kimchi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
grehare said:
Wow.. this is a great site. I have found other Kimchee lovers!!! I have been trying to find a recipe book just on Kimchee. I saw one in a discount book catalog but, have misplaced the catalog. Does anyone know of the book I am talking about?

I use Kimchee with most any and everything. Eggs, eggsalad, tuna salad and I love it with any pork dish.. it's a great change from saurkraut.

Someone mentioned a soup using it, could you share that recipe? I love making soups.

My first post on this website was about kimchi... here is the thread

I made my own kimchi and it turned out so well! I was so proud... hehe.. first time I ever attempted it and it worked out fantastically!

As for the recipe books, could this be it? or maybe it is this one?

Last edited:
Thanks grumblebee. I have saved your link and am going to give your recipe a try. I made some a few months back that turned out sooo hot( I like hottt food)this was too hot for me, lol.. I was thinking it could have taken the paint off the woodwork. I ended up dumping it.

I have the first cookbook you listed and it's pretty good.

Kimchi is all about the authenticity of the ingredients, IMO. I have since found a source for Korean fish sauce which has improved my kimchi quite a bit. But recnetly have not been able to get Korean hot pepper.

So have been buying kimchi. Not all that bad.

grumblebee, thanks for the names of those cookbooks. The one I was talking about was from the discount cataloge Fred something(I can't remember the last name) and all I remember was seeing a title with Kimchee in it and that the book was all about making kimchee. I am going to check out the first book you mentioned.

Thanks jennyema for seconding the first book.

Back
Top Bottom