Seven Deadly Sins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gumbotron

Assistant Cook
Ok, so I made this last week. It's basically a variation on stuffed tomatoes. I used whatever ingredients I could find already in my fridge/freezer so the ingredients guided this concept.

Ingredients:
7 Cherry tomatoes (approximately golf ball sized)
16 oz can of diced tomatoes
Cheddar Cheese
Parmesan cheese
Feta Cheese
Anchovies
Capers
Pork Tenderloin (2 inch piece)
2 shrimp
1 large scallop
Dijon mustard
Habanero sauce
Mayonnaise
Marsala cooking wine
cayenne pepper

Tomato prep:
Using a paring knife, cut a hole in the top of the tomato where the stem enters to cut off a--sort of--lid. Scoop out the insides and discard. Repeat 7 times. Set these aside on a baking tray.

Fillings: (Arranged by sin so I don't have to explain the cooking).
Pride - tomato sauce with a sprinkle of parmesan.
Wrath - tomato sauce with a dash of cayenne and a couple of drops of habanero sauce.
Sloth - meatball
Gluttony - a couple of drops of marsala wine in the bottom, 2 anchovy fillets, a little feta cheese, 5 capers, a few pieces of shredded cheddar cheese, half of the pork tenderloin (seasoned)
Greed - 1/4 of an artichoke heart, sun-dried tomatoes, white truffle oil, half of the pork tenderloin (seasoned)
Lust - dipping sauce made from mayonnaise, dijon, and tomato sauce
Envy - scallop, two shrimp stacked on top

Ok, I should explain a couple of things:
1. I cooked the meatball, scallop, shrimp, and pork tenderloin before putting them in/on their respective sins.
2. Same with the tomato sauce (leftovers were used on a pasta dish later that day)
3. I baked these bad boys in a preheated oven for about 8 mins at 350 degrees.
4. The dipping sauce for lust was put in after the oven cooking.

What a creative and fun idea, Gumbo!!!

Was it a meal for just you or did you share it or what? Did you serve anything else with it?

I just bought some of those large cherry tomatoes on the vine and may play around with my own "sin" fillings!

Thanks!

Lee

Thanks! Actually, I ate it as a meal. I was worried because these tomatoes were sitting in my fridge and were beginning to get a little wrinkled. Fortunately there was enough for one person to eat as a light meal; though I was hungry quite soon after (about an hour later). I had some pasta with leftover sauce as my "main course." Though I may be a glutton.

My initial intentions for this were rather uninspired (i.e. use what's in the fridge/freezer). Which is why I posted on this forum. I figured others might have some insights that would hopefully improve this idea.

Good luck with your sinning!

Back
Top Bottom