Ginger-Orange Cranberry Sauce Recipe-TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Per Kads' request! :)

2 c white sugar
4 c cranberries
2 c water
Grated fresh ginger and orange zest (grated with a microplane, if you have one), to taste. (I'm a bigger fan of ginger than I am of citrus so I use more ginger and just enough citrus to cut through)

In a deep pan, combine sugar and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, and boil for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, ginger and orange zest. Return to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to thicken. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate, covered, overnight.

I always let the mixture cook over the heat longer than I think I should. It seems to take awhile to thicken. No two batches are ever the same, but if I had to guess I'd say it's a good 20 minutes. Just stir often.

PA Baker said:
Per Kads' request! :)

2 c white sugar
4 c cranberries
2 c water
Grated fresh ginger and orange zest (grated with a microplane, if you have one), to taste. (I'm a bigger fan of ginger than I am of citrus so I use more ginger and just enough citrus to cut through)

In a deep pan, combine sugar and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, and boil for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, ginger and orange zest. Return to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to thicken. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate, covered, overnight.

I always let the mixture cook over the heat longer than I think I should. It seems to take awhile to thicken. No two batches are ever the same, but if I had to guess I'd say it's a good 20 minutes. Just stir often.
Thank you Pa,
I'll be shopping for the ginger thursday and will put this together that evening. I know my family are going to enjoy this with the ham..That is if I don't decide to have some first:LOL: Again, thank you for taking the time to post this for me.

kadesma:)

Kads, did you make the sauce? I hope it was a success. I have to say mine set up better than ever this time--all I can think is that it must have been the berries because I didn't do anything differently than usual!:)

Hi Pa,
Happy Easter:) Yes I made the sauce and there is only about a 1/2 cup left! Everyone loved it including Olivia and Ethan.. Thank you, I plan to use it again come Thanksgiving...

kadesma

Sounds delicious PA, thanks for sharing!! BTW what did you use this sauce for? I imagine it will be good with turkey or pork roast...

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, kads! Licia, this time I made it to serve with our ham, but it's wonderful with turkey, too. I also like it on sandwiches (enjoyed it with some leftover ham last night) or spread over butter or cream cheese on toast or a bagle.:)

That sounds so good! I want to go back home now so I can try it. Not having a kitchen in my dorm is the worst part of college life. . . lol. Thanks for posting that!

Back
Top Bottom