Mezzaluna board to match the Nigella Lawson herb chopper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Inastate

Assistant Cook
Ello there everyone,

I'm in the market for a Mezzaluna herb chopper and I in particular like the look of the Nigella Lawson model. However, I've heard that the matching Nigella Lawson board isn't up to scratch.

Can anybody reccomend a good curved board that would work well with her herb chopper?

Thanks!

I prefer a single handled mezzaluna and a deeper bowl. For more info you can visit Mezzaluna

Attachments

• 6747-1wood-bowls.jpg
    6747-1wood-bowls.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 507
  • 4839mezzaluna.jpg
    4839mezzaluna.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,335
I was just watching Nigella's Kitchen last night, and saw her use the Mezzaluna, now I'm also in in search for new Mezzaluna for my kitchen as well!
Before yesterday I didn't even know what a Mezzaluna was!
Most of the Mezzalunas that I've seen in online catalogues comes with a slightly dented chopping board, I've never seen it in a bowl, so that interesting!
I saw this one Mezzaluna from a brand called Benzar it comes with a dented chopping board as well, but it's double bladed though, and it looks like it would work pretty well.

Last edited:
I was just watching Nigella's Kitchen last night, and saw her use the Mezzaluna, now I'm also in in search for new Mezzaluna for my kitchen as well!
Before yesterday I didn't even know what a Mezzaluna was!
Most of the Mezzalunas that I've seen in online catalogues comes with a slightly dented chopping board, I've never seen it in a bowl, so that interesting!
I saw this one Mezzaluna from a brand called Benzar it comes with a dented chopping board as well, but it's double bladed though, and it looks like it would work pretty well.
The picture above is what I've used as a chopping bowl for years before getting my processor. the mezzaluna I have has a slight indentation in it for chopping I'd have trouble with the chopping bowl and the chopper for the mezz. it's just to deep. Hope this helps I do love my mezz for herbs.
kades

Thanks Kadesma, I thought a dented chopping board will work well with a mezz and bowl would be too deep. Like i said I didn't know a mezz was till yesterday LOL! :)
The mezz I have my eyes on is double handed with the knobs on either side to rock it back and forward. I dont think this would be ideal for use in a bowl though, but i can see how a single handed mezz would work better in a bowl! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom