ISO immersion blender recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will!

I need to be "baby-stepped" through how to grow Basil from seed on a window-sill. Last attempt (just a few weeks ago) ended in the usual disaster. (Last year I tried some out in the garden, but it was demolished by bugs overnight).

Take baby steps to your local garden center and buy a potted basil plant. Water regularly and expose to sunlight.

I have tried to grow things for decades now. It would appear I not only have two black thumbs, but I only have to be within a few feet of a plant (of any kind) and it dies instantly. :cry:

I do have a small garden with the flat - but it is a wilderness. (Good for the wildlife at least!) :)

Same here...I can't even get live plants to get in the car with me, they throw out their fronds and lose all their leaves before we even leave the store.

I've been able to reverse some broken sauces with the immersion blender, like hollandaise and mayo.

Same here...I can't even get live plants to get in the car with me, they throw out their fronds and lose all their leaves before we even leave the store.

We are Twins! :LOL:

I've been able to reverse some broken sauces with the immersion blender, like hollandaise and mayo.

Ditto that! (Or anything that is lumpy but is supposed to be smooth). ;)

LOL, do NOT use the IB in a slow cooker if using a slow cooker bag. It will suck it right into the blades. Found out the hard way. Now have tomato basil and plastic soup.

LOL, do NOT use the IB in a slow cooker if using a slow cooker bag. It will suck it right into the blades. Found out the hard way. Now have tomato basil and plastic soup.

:LOL: Can you strain it? No, never mind.....

:LOL: Addie, don't you have a communal plot nearby? I'll bet one or more of your kids would be willing to watch it for you.

Yes we do. Right here on the property. As far as my kids.... Spike has had eight heart attacks. Rule him out. My daughter presently is battling brain cancer. Rule her out. The other two, The Pirate and Poo live more than 45 minutes away. Rule them out. Poo is a PA and has the schedule of any medical person. Weekends, nights, etc. The Pirate is on call for 24/7 every other week. He works as maintenance for a company that owns several large buildings in one place.

In the winter, the plots look like burial plots. We have had a few folks who thought that is what they were. Burial plots for residents who had no family to bury them. Spike and I have been toying with the idea of putting little crosses on them in the winter. You have to provide you own gardening tools. That can run into some large change. Management provides a rototiller in the spring and turns over the dirt. There is also a pipe and hose for watering. Anything else, you have to buy yourself. :angel:

Since I have had my blender I have not bought "store bought mayo".
here is the recipe I use:
1- egg (whole) room temp
1- TBSP lemon or lime juice
1-tsp DJ mustard
1/4- tsp salt
1-cup veg oil
1- tsp vinegar (white)
add all ingreidents to a narrow jar, and start at the bottom of the jar, then raise blender entil all is mixed well.
Same recipe, more or less, that I use mine for mayo all the time. I use a farm fresh egg from my girls and olive oil or 1/2 olive oil, 1/2 canola oil. I don't add the vinegar when I use fresh lemon juice. I use dry mustard and, I often add a dash of cayenne. If it is too thin, add more oil. Because I use a "real" egg, the mayo tends to be very yellow, not like commercial mayo.

I also use my immersion blender for cream soups and, dare I say, milkshakes.

Back
Top Bottom