TV Cooks and Food Processors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Have you ever notice all the difficulty food chefs on TV have placing the cover on a foor processor?

You would think that having the machine for a while they would learn how to put the cover right on without any difficulty. I think they just don't want to learn how to work with today's modern appliances. :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder how many of them are "celebrities" first and just playing the part of chef. For those, it's probably better they use a food processor badly than a knife badly.

I've noticed they almost always turn them so the front is facing the camera (brand placement) rather than the cook. That may contribute to the problem.

My old Cuisinart was a bear to get the lid on. You had to align it a certain way, and then press and turn it at the same time. And if I had to do it while it was facing away from me, I'm sure I'd look inept, too.

My new Cuisinart is a breeze. It's just a matter of lining up the handle and pushing down until it clicks in place.

Last edited:
I have a Cuisinart and it can some time be very cantankerous when it's time to get the lid on right, so I have little to say if I see someone struggling with a food processor lid.

Andy M. said:
I've noticed they almost always turn them so the front is facing the camera (brand placement) rather than the cook. That may contribute to the problem.

I think that's exactly it. Product placement is huge in food tv.

I think the problem is that all this equipment is donated by companies to promote their products and half of the time if not more the chefs are using new equipment that was just delivered onto the stage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom