What is this for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is saving 5$ worth the effort of your arm pumping for the single bulb to squish, then you'd still have to separate - with another tool and more effort. How do you get into the edges? Not to mention picking out the green stains or do you just tell them it's relish?

For the few times I do ground beef like that, I just use my potato masher, the ziggy zaggy type. Or more fun, two arm ratta tat tat, with two wooden spatula, really fast and actually sort of fun, especially for those of you who cook with music!

I usually cook with a bamboo spatula. While ground beef is browning I just stand there and break up the pieces as it cooks.

There are a lot of "special" tools out there. Usually, what you already have will do the trick. I can still hear Alton Brown saying that he has no time for uni-taskers in his kitchen.

I use a wooden spatula or a potato masher. I needed a new potato masher, so I got a nylon one that would be good with a non-stick pan. I'm not impressed. I think I will give Dragn's two spoon, rat at tat method a try, though I foresee a bit of meat flying. Not that there isn't almost always some meat left around the burner when I'm done.

I needed a new potato masher, so I got a nylon one that would be good with a non-stick pan. I'm not impressed.
You're probably about as impressed as I was with the "non-stick pan friendly" whisk I bought, where one or two of the wires pop out every time I use it.

You're probably about as impressed as I was with the "non-stick pan friendly" whisk I bought, where one or two of the wires pop out every time I use it.

:LOL: I think you ARE impressed, just not in a good way.

This actually works, but it doesn't really work better than my wooden spatula. At least I didn't waste any money. I needed a new potato masher anyways.

It's a chopper made by the Corona Co and that's likely a Bakelite handle.

How did you figure that out?

I right clicked on the image and searched google for the image - found a bunch of matches. They also came with red handles and earlier versions came with wood handles :yum:

Last edited:
I right clicked on the image and searched google for the image - found a bunch of matches. They also came with red handles and earlier versions came with wood handles :yum:

Vintage Corona Red Bakelite Handle Food Chopper Utensil 4 Stainless Blades 6”

BTW, carp1212, Welcome to DC!

As you can see, you might not always get straight answers here, but it's usually fun and somehow the right answer generally comes up eventually.

If antique shops and farmer's markets ever open up again, I'm going to keep my eye out for one. Love the old stuff and always try to use them.
Thanks for that post!

Welcome again!

Back
Top Bottom