Dinner 4-26-2019 ~ National Pretzel Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Good thing I looked up today's fun holidays. No need to go out for soft pretzels (or even crispy ones), I have some bake-your-own pretzels in the freezer. Guess I'll bake a couple up for us to celebrate National Pretzel Day!

Lousy weather day, perfect for some comfort food. We'll be having authentic Polish kielbasa from the butcher in the next town over, simmered in sauerkraut, and pierogies.

What's happening in your kitchen?

I have some dough rising in my FP, to make some pretzels. I don't do the boiling thing - juat shape, rise briefly, and bake. I usually make them with some rye flour, added to the bread flour, and usually some seeds - caraway, nigella, dill, or sesame.

We had the second half of the chicken I roasted the other day along with stuffing and green beans. Dessert will be a serving of SO's carrot cake from the freezer.

We had stuffed artichokes, pan fried London broil, mushroom caps sautéed in the steak drippings and a splash of Maggi sauce and tater tots.

We tried something new. Sautéed rapini and Italian sausage as a sandwich with a salad on the side. It was pretty good, but I'm not fond of the rapini. I still have half of the rapini left, so I'll try making something else with that. The salad was green crisp lettuce, a couple of leaves of julienned endive, thinly sliced red onion, shredded carrot, some haskap berries, and homemade vinaigrette. The berries worked really well in that salad. I had intended to take pictures, but didn't remember until too late.

I took a picture of my plate. I call it "Dinner: A study in beiges and browns".
IMG_20190426_212954609_HDR.jpg

Grilled chicken thighs, seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Very quickly grilled asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper on the side.

CD

Good sounding dinners. :chef:

Like MsM, I had an artichoke for dinner this afternoon. Didn't stuff it though....although I've had it that way in the past and it sure is yummy. Steamed artichoke with garlic lemon butter for dippin', and a fresh fruit salad on the side.

Back
Top Bottom