What's the plan Sam? 2/15/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
The Souschef found petite lobster tails on sale and so we're doing dinner together tonight. He's making classic Lobster Rolls, and I'm making Manhattan Clam Chowder to go with them.

What's going on at your house?

Leftovers

I'm still working away at the flap steak from a week ago (single :chef:). I have an ancient cookbook, Twice is Nice, devoted to leftovers. These will be transmuted into "beef with mustard sauce" tonight and served over a potato-turnip mash. I'm throwing in a cup of frozen peas since I don't feel like making a salad.

The Souschef found petite lobster tails on sale and so we're doing dinner together tonight. He's making classic Lobster Rolls, and I'm making Manhattan Clam Chowder to go with them.

Kayelle, great minds...... lol

We are having lobster also tonight. DD is coming for dinner, it's her BIRTHDAY
!!!!!! More later, I have to go and get ready.

Leftovers - I have one cooked pork chop and one uncooked chicken breast that needs cooking tonight. Not sure who will have what. I also have leftover rice pilaf and I'll make fresh salads.

Asian pork belly buns with Asian carrot and radish slaw.

Attachments

• 2020-02-15 17.56.11.jpg
    2020-02-15 17.56.11.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 87
I'm making a big pot of chili. Already made a batch of corn muffins to go with it. A cold beer will round out the meal.

We had frozen, beef tortellini with pasta sauce, and of course some parm and a green salad of green crisp lettuce, green cabbage, a few mustard leaves, celery, and red onion, topped with ranchoid dressing.

Pellice...great sounding leftovers!
Cookie...perfect birthday dinner..happy bday to both of you. I've always thought kids didn't do anything on their birthdays but mom sure did.

Med..you're killin me girl...slurp.

LT..gorgeous grill marks.

DH and I had breakfast with Mister Dear Friend

IMG_5468.jpg

Crab Cake Benedict for Moi

IMG_5467.jpg

a Ham Benedict for DH

*belch*

Best New Brownie2.jpg
(file photo-Best Brownie with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream atop)

Still a bit full, so it'll just be dessert later this evening,
Brownie Ala Mode, and yes, I can't believe that there's
STILL some left :LOL:

Stew

Some people would call this chili but to prevent provoking the folks, mostly from that other state that starts with T, I'll just call it stew. If beans make 'em mad, they might become apoplectic over liver. :LOL:
IMG_20200215_195531073.jpg
Beef n Liver Chili Ingredients 2020-02-15 193801.jpg
Beef n Liver Chili Nutrient Label 2020-02-15 193857.jpg

The BH had her favorite greek salad along with a bowl of wonderful homemade cauliflower, leek & onion soup, while I produced a lightly thinned up vodka tomato/basil sauce to place over 3 of my stuffed cannelloni - this for a welcome change from the usual white creamy pecorino sauce.

I'm of course not proud of my lack of any skill at plating things like cannelloni, but it sure tasted great.

Attachments

• IMG_9393 Red Sauce Cannelloni.jpg
    IMG_9393 Red Sauce Cannelloni.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9407 baked red sauce cannelloni.jpg
    IMG_9407 baked red sauce cannelloni.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 75

Each of us were proud of the dinner contributions and together they made for a fun afternoon, and a durn fine meal. :chef::wub: :chef:

Attachments

• P2150023.jpg
    P2150023.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 84
  • P2150025.jpg
    P2150025.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 91
I made a batch of ratatouille based lentils in the IP, with the chicken trimmed from the boneless skinless thighs, that I froze 5 lbs of, the other day. I browned the chicken some on high sauté mode, adding some re-hydrated eggplant, and cooked until the EP was starting to brown some.then removed them. Then, on regular sauté, I added a large diced onion, and cooked that until browning a little, then added a large, diced red bell pepper, and cooked that a few minutes, added 4 large minced cloves of garlic, and cooked 1 min. Then I added one 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, 3 c of water, about a half tb of Serbian oregano (in place of the usual thyme), and a generous amount of chopped basil - I had a large handful of leaves, and used half now, half at the end. I salted the liquid with a generous amount of fish sauce - a favorite of mine, in these dishes. Then I added 1 c of rinsed puy lentils, and 1/4 c red quinoa, and about a tb of crushed Thai pepper flakes, and mixed in. I covered, and cooked 14 min. in the "porridge" mode - something I use when the dish will be fairly thick. It cooled 12 min., and I stirred in the rest of the basil. I will definitely make this again; would probably also be good with Italian sausage, or without meat, and maybe more veggies.
Ratatouille lentils, with chicken by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hub and I had stove top grilled boneless rib eye steak and steamed baby spinach for dinner last night.

Back
Top Bottom