Fried Potato Peels with Parmigiano and Oregano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A crispy flavoured alternative to fries, perfect as a snack as well as an enjoyable appetizer. We have fried them, but you can also oven-bake them.
In any case, we cannot miss an Italian twist by flavouring them with Parmigiano cheese and oregano.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doses depend on the amount of potatoes you have peeled, Cooking time 5-8 mins

• Extra Virgin Olive Oil – EVOO or Peanut Oil, about 4 tbsp
  • Parmigiano Reggiano grated, 2 tbsp
  • Dried Oregano, to taste
  • Salt, a pinch

Method

Rinse the peels and then dry them well.

Tip: you don’t need a deep-frying, just enough oil to fry them all evenly.

Heat the oil in a frying pan, as soon as it makes little bubbles, add potato peels and fry them until golden brown.

Remove potato peels from the pan and put them on a plate lined with kitchen paper to remove excess oil – if necessary, change the kitchen paper if the previous one is too much oiled – add grated Parmigiano cheese that will stick well to potato skins, dried oregano and a pinch of salt, stir and let them flavour, then serve hot.

Attachments

• Potato Skins.jpg
    Potato Skins.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 195
Shucky-darns!
I just purchased a bag of new season thin skinned potatoes. Which, of course, I don't peel. It will be awhile before buying more.

A method I'm going to try, in order to remember this recipe, will be to staple a note to my potato bag. When it is time to get more I will have a handy note to remind me I want peeling potatoes in order to try this.

Thanks Pinchof!

Shucky-darns!
I just purchased a bag of new season thin skinned potatoes. Which, of course, I don't peel. It will be awhile before buying more.

A method I'm going to try, in order to remember this recipe, will be to staple a note to my potato bag. When it is time to get more I will have a handy note to remind me I want peeling potatoes in order to try this.

Thanks Pinchof!
haha, nice idea!

I hope you can try it soon!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom