TNT Shrimp Scampi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I just made this yesterday and it turned out really good. Hubby loved it!
Enjoy!!!

Sizzlins Shrimp Scampi

2 pounds of medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined

NOTE: I used a bag of salad shrimp but next time I need to use the medium to large shrimp

3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

NOTE: I've used salted butter

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup chopped fresh green onions

NOTE: I used the green and white part

1 Tbsp dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh parsley

NOTE: I used the dry

Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet. Add garlic, parsley, and green onions and saute till the green onions are tender.

Add shrimp to butter mixture. Turn the heat down to low. Cook and stir regularly. The shrimp will only take 3-5 minutes. It just depends on the size of the shrimp. Be sure not to overcook your shrimp or else they will be tough.

Remove the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and add the following ingredients to the butter mixture that remains in the pan.

1/4 cup dry white wine

NOTE: I used "Vendange" Chardonnay

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1/4 tsp black pepper

3/4 tsp salt

Simmer on low for 2 minutes. And transfer to small little individual platters.

Another option to the above would be to prepare some linguine or angel hair pasta prior to making the butter mixture. Then when the butter/shrimp mixture is done all you would have to do is toss the mixture into the warm pasta. Be sure not to rinse your pasta so that the sauce sticks to the noodles.

I really enjoyed this one pds.....its def. found a place in my recipe box. Not a recipe you can eat all the time but I'll def. be making it at least once a month.

Back
Top Bottom