Would like opinions on a set of SS pots/pans..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hlbutler

Assistant Cook
I am looking at purchasing a set of Stainless Steel (T304) Pots & Pans.. They are the "waterless/minimum water" cookware. Does anyone have any experience with this "type" of cooking??

I would appreciate any feedback ya'll can offer!

I am looking at either a the Chef's Secret 15 pc. 9 element (or 9 ply, depending on who is selling it).. Info about it in the link below..

http://www.100cookwares.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KT915&Category_Code=SSCW11&Product_Count=0

Or I am looking at the Steam Control 17pc. 7 ply SS set or the 22pc 5 ply "super set"

(22 pc set)
http://www.100cookwares.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KTSS22

(17 pc set)
http://www.100cookwares.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KT17ULTRA

A friend of mine bought a Royal Prestige set about 5 years ago (and had to take out a loan to pay for it!). I like her pans, the way that you can stack them up on one burner to cook, the cook time is shorter, and you cook on lower heats, saving energy.

Hey There...I'm new to this forum. Question for you...how is waterless cooking different than steaming? I've been researching some cookware and pretty much came to the conclusion I was going to buy some Cuisinart MultiClad cookware and just use one of those steamer inserts for all my veggies. Is there a difference between using waterless cookware and the steamer insert I mentioned? Hopefully that's not a silly question!

Waterless/minimum water cooking is more like a combo of pressure cooking and steaming in the same pot.

When your pans get to a certain temp. the lids form a lock so the steam stay INSIDE the pan. But you don't have a TON of water in with whatever you are cooking (veggies, meat, whatever). When you cook vegitables you just rinse them and throw them into a pot.. you don't have a 1/2 inch of water (or more for steaming) in with them. Because the lids lock the steam IN the pot instead of releasing it.. food takes about 1/2 the time to cook that is usually does.. and because SS is such a good heat conductor when all your pans reach "cooking heat" you can stack them all up on one burner to finish cooking.. thus saving on your energy bill...

The sets you guys are refering to are either Saladmaster or something similar to it.

They allow you to cook veggies and other foods using no water. You can also
fry chicken with no fats or oils. They are thick and heavy.

But be prepared to spend some money, as these sets are pretty darn expensive - costing upwards of about $1,300.00 to $1,800.00 for an 18 to 24-piece set!! But they claim that they last for years and years.

~Corey123.

Corey123 said:
The sets you guys are refering to are either Saladmaster or something similar to it.

They allow you to cook veggies and other foods using no water. You can also
fry chicken with no fats or oils. They are thick and heavy.

But be prepared to spend some money, as these sets are pretty darn expensive - costing upwards of about $1,300.00 to $1,800.00 for an 18 to 24-piece set!! But they claim that they last for years and years.

~Corey123.

Actually... the sets that I am looking at... the links to them are in my first post.. exactly like the SaladMaster or Royal Prestige cookware sets.. and because they are a "generic" brand... Steam Control and Chef's Secret.. both by Maxam... I would be able to get a basic 15 or 17 piece set for UNDER $300! You just have to know where to look...

My original question was.. Has anyone used either of these brands of cookware? Does anyone on here do the "waterless" type of cooking? And what are your opinion of both/either?

Sorry, have not tried them iether.But have done a ton of research on SS and found that 304 can apparently leach metals etc like nickel etc.Where Saladmaster will not, as it is made of 316L inside it's cookware.Top of the line in over 30 countries apparently.So the price is worth it to me and my family.Lifetime warrenty as well.Many do not warranty against pitting but they do.Check that out as most SS will pit from salt, chlorine in your water and acidic foods.Hope this may help with your decision.

Back
Top Bottom