Favorite Cook Book?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
choclatechef said:
Norge, I can't see the TV from my kitchen, so I watch the videos as a kind of "refresher" course.

That is probably smart. I may have to look into it, where did you get the video for JC's The Way To Cook? although she has some great pictures demonstrating in the book.

I found the Julia videos on Ebay!

With both the book and the videos, it is much better than with just one medium.

No, I don't know what to tell you Norge. You can't buy them new anymore, they are about 20 years old. Sorry..... :oops:

My best save-my-butt cookbook is the same as Goodweed's: Joy of Cooking, 1974 ed. It's falling apart, but I had a look at the newest edition recently, and it seems they removed a lot of the magic and added a lot of bumf that I'm thinking Irma would've disapproved of. So I'll keep my raggedy version.

I also love paging through my Modern French Culinary Art by Henry-Paul Pellaprat. (I've got to start making some of those recipes!) and also Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen, Rose Levy Berenbaum's The Cake Bible, and one I've had my whole life but haven't used much is the Trader Vic's one; some good-lookin' stuff in there.

My favorites are ones I don't have yet. I have none of Julia's or Jacque's cookbooks! I'd also like to get Marcella Hazan's, and David Rosengarten's. And Alton Brown's I Just Came Here for the Food. And James Beard's Book on Bread ... I gotta stop.

I am greeeen with envy over C-Chef's J&J video series. Gotta have 'em!

(Dear Santa: I have been very, very good this year ... :? )

Cats

choclatechef said:
No, I don't know what to tell you Norge. You can't buy them new anymore, they are about 20 years old. Sorry..... :oops:

Thanks, choclatechef, there are several used book stores here I will check there, or perhaps the video store.

Back
Top Bottom