Eartha Kitt died today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DramaQueen

Head Chef
As long as I'm on I may as well give you the news. She was quite an entertainer. It's seems so much sadder when someone dies during the holidays.

I just watched a special a few months ago on the top TV Villains and they featured all the characters from the original Batman series, including Kitt as Catwoman. I loved her in that roll. Also, she did the original version of "Santa Baby" which was thought of as "too sexy for a Christmas song" in those days as the video shows, thanks for that memory). She will be missed.

Every CATWOMAN since her has drawn on her interpretation of the character.....
Who even remembers that she took over the role from Julie Newmar ???

She sang in Ten languages.............

She performed a celebration concert at Carnagie Hall on the occasion of her 80th birthday..........

Every CATWOMAN since her has drawn on her interpretation of the character.....
Who even remembers that she took over the role from Julie Newmar ???

You are right LT. I always thought it was the other way around, but she was so much stronger in the role than Newmar...or anyone else!

Remembering Eartha Kitt as a child of mixed race who was shunned and driven from her home, abandoned by her mother, and sent to live far away because of her mixed race is also our country's story of where we were and how far we have come as we inaugurate our next president also a child of mixed race. Eartha Kitt is a hero of mine for standing up for her beliefs and putting her career on the line in 1968 and 1974 for what she believed in.

Back
Top Bottom