Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Member's Profile "Title" (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/members-profile-title-78640.html)

Andy M. 03-24-2012 09:40 AM

Member's Profile "Title"
 
The forum software assigns a title to each member based on number of posts. cook, executive chef, etc.

Members used to have the ability to put in custom titles but I cannot find that function anymore. My title was changed by someone with access to my profile and I'd like to change it.

PrincessFiona60 03-24-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 1122793)
The forum software assigns a title to each member based on number of posts. cook, executive chef, etc.

Members used to have the ability to put in custom titles but I cannot find that function anymore. My title was changed by someone with access to my profile and I'd like to change it.


What do you want it changed back to, Andy?

Andy M. 03-24-2012 10:11 AM

I'm curious why it was taken away? Please change it to Certified Pretend Chef

PrincessFiona60 03-24-2012 10:19 AM

No idea, must be part of the upgrades happening.

Andy M. 03-24-2012 11:05 AM

Thanks for the change.

PrincessFiona60 03-24-2012 11:06 AM

You are welcome!

MostlyWater 03-26-2012 02:25 PM

test ... i want to see what i am ...

Lovex4 08-31-2012 01:24 PM

So.... The website/software assigns the title itself based on the number of posts correct???? Wanted to make sure I read it correctly

Janet H 08-31-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovex4 (Post 1182462)
So.... The website/software assigns the title itself based on the number of posts correct???? Wanted to make sure I read it correctly

Yes. Correct.

Lovex4 08-31-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet H

Yes. Correct.

Ok thanks...fairly new to this :)

Greg Who Cooks 08-31-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 1122805)
I'm curious why it was taken away? Please change it to Certified Pretend Chef

I've been an administrator on some forum sites where sometimes maverick moderators would change user titles for specific members just for fun. (Besides technical work administrators are often called to duty to restrain playful moderators.) Another fun moderator plaything is the word filter, where when a member posts one word it is changed into another word when the post is displayed. That's the thing that turns **** into ****. (I just typed asterisks. You can use your imagination.)

I've found it interesting on some sites where members can customize their titles. Just like signatures there are rules, and "administrator" and "moderator" are always automatically off limits.

Greg Who Cooks 08-31-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovex4 (Post 1182462)
So.... The website/software assigns the title itself based on the number of posts correct???? Wanted to make sure I read it correctly

Some sites have contests and raffles to change member titles as the reward, or to award the privilege to have a larger avatar image. I don't know if DC has that.

forty_caliber 08-31-2012 08:11 PM

Hmmmm....custom titles.....who knew? :rofl:

.40

msmofet 08-31-2012 08:29 PM

So I CAN'T change my title myself?

forty_caliber 08-31-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 1182516)
So I CAN'T change my title myself?

Bribing moderators with food might help! I"m fond of Oatmeal cookies.....:wink:

.40

Dawgluver 08-31-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forty_caliber

Bribing moderators with food might help! I"m fond of Oatmeal cookies.....:wink:

.40

I like rhubarb...good caviar works too... :wink:

I would vote for anything that describes your fabulous food pics, MsM!

msmofet 08-31-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forty_caliber (Post 1182519)
Bribing moderators with food might help! I"m fond of Oatmeal cookies.....:wink:

.40

So am I!! LOL With cinnamon and raisins in them. :chef:

FrankZ 09-01-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 1182516)
So I CAN'T change my title myself?

No, but we have run contests on occasion. :smile:

Greg Who Cooks 09-01-2012 08:23 PM

Let's run a contest to pick MsMofet's title. The winner gets to pick her title. :devil: :wink:

Who knows? Maybe she'll win... :smile:

msmofet 09-02-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks (Post 1182828)
Let's run a contest to pick MsMofet's title. The winner gets to pick her title. :devil: :wink:

Who knows? Maybe she'll win... :smile:

:ohmy: YIKES!! :rofl: :lol: :chef:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.